Quantcast KVCD: Thanks Gamma! - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
06-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Free Member

I really appreciate the help. I read the disclaimer and I can't see anywhere that I mentioned anything about "illegally downloaded movies", unless, ofcourse, you mean every kvcd made is an "illegally downloaded movie". Maybe you should get your nose checked because the avi I wanted to encode is a documentary.

I think it is rather hypocritical to talk about illegal downloads when many of you have copyrighted characters as your avatars and I have read on these forums about all the copyrighted movies that have been played around with to get the best encode.

Under copyright laws it is illegal to even make a backup of movies and media that you own a legal copy of.

Feel free to ban me now.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

06-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank_dank
Maybe you should get your nose checked because the avi I wanted to encode is a documentary.
A documentary with audio track in 48 Khz (99% chances it comes from a DVD) and framerate at 23.976 (99.999% chance this is something released in theaters, as TV uses only 29.970i in your area)

The minimum when you are caught by a moderator making unwanted thing is to not imagine he, and other ones, is as stupid as you wish he would be.

Your questionning about how to reach better quality was legal but you can't flame gamma to have closed your thread.

Note: BTW the disclaimer says it in bold "Also, we do NOT discuss any DivX/XviD related topics on this site.".
06-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot

Your questionning about how to reach better quality was legal but you can't blame gamma to have closed your thread.
Actually, it was me who locked the thread. I just posted there.
No offence, tank_dank, but please read the disclosures on the forum again, and the full text on the registration page.
You'll clearly see that we don't talk about any DivX/XviD formats at all.
This is an advanced DVD (or RAW captures, HuffYUV, etc.) conversion forum.

Thanks,
-kwag
06-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Free Member

Well well, quite an attitude you have, tank_dank

I just made you aware that we don't discuss xvid/divx here, as we don't want to have any connection to illegal activities. So in matter of fact, I did help you.