Quantcast KDVD: Audio Sync, Skipping, Jerkiness or Something? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
07-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to Dassin Send a message via AIM to Dassin Send a message via MSN to Dassin Send a message via Yahoo to Dassin
I really don't know the proper verbage for the problem, but my KDVDs work great for about 5-20 minutes, then I start to hear the audio skip a little, then a lot, with the picture skipping along with it. I don't mean skip like an audio CD skips, but it stops for a second then resumes, stops, resumes etc, until I rewind or go to the menu and back. After that, it plays normally again for a while until I have to "set it straight" again.

I was originally burning at 8x, I tried again at 2.4x (the lowest my burner will go with my media, even after modding the firmware), but I have the same problem.

I'm using CCE 2.7, BeSweet (with Dialhot's good ac3enc.dll), and DVDLab Pro 1.6, playing back on a Cinevision DVP 650.

Thanks in advance!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

07-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Free Member

Possibly bad media. Did you check them after the encoding with for instance Nero CDSpeed ?

Other possibility: your SAP don't like bitrate too low and you should use a min bitrate higher than the one you used.
07-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to Dassin Send a message via AIM to Dassin Send a message via MSN to Dassin Send a message via Yahoo to Dassin
I'll try different media.

I just tried playing the same video in Power DVD and I have the same problem on my computer, so I don't think it's my SAP.

Oh, I just tried Nero CD speed and got "Error! L-EC Uncorrectable Error (031105)"
07-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Free Member

Alright.

I ordered some Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD+Rs from New Egg, and I'm getting exceedingly awesome quality. I don't know if you frequent cdfreaks or if you know much about kprobe data, an image of the scan I did

That's what we'd call "a great friggin scan", so I'm thinking that while the old media was horrifically bad, I shouldn't be getting these problems with THIS media, but I am. Same problems, as if I didn't change a thing.

Any ideas?
07-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Free Member

Dassin,

Have you tried to play on another DVD player

-kwag
07-11-2006, 12:59 AM
Free Member

Kwag, YOU'RE A GENIUS!

With this new media, it seems that it only has problems on that one player, whereas the crappy discs didn't even play properly in my computer. It's working fine on my other standalone, and I'm definately glad this issue is sorted out.

Thanks!
07-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Free Member

Well, that was a quickie one

Thanks,
-kwag