Quantcast KDVD: is this a New Way to Find the Q Factor in CCE 2.70 ? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
09-25-2006, 06:31 AM
Free Member

Any of you guys ever used this application I came across it when trying to find an updated version of QCCE that would work with CCE 2.70. The link is here

http://home.arcor.de/autoq2_amsoft/

It claims to find the Q factor for a one pass VBR and includes the KVCD notch matrix as well as others, I have tried it but come across a problem pop up that says "privileged instruction" whatever that may mean .

If anybody knows any other ways of finding the Q factor let me know.......Cheers.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

09-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Free Member

Yep, that's one option.
But you've got others.
I think DVD-Rebuilder is still free and it works with CCE.
Please be advised that AutoQ3 and the URL you mentioned in your message are from an individual known as Avalon/Amnon/Amnon82.
Try to make a search by Avalon in here and you will find very interesting stuff about him.
If I were you I would never use anything coming from him because it might actually be somebody elses' work and not his as he advertises.
Have you tried CQMatiq with TMPGEnc?
They can easily pull the trick.
Or DVDREasy that can also work with either CCE or HCEnc .
Hope I was helpful.
Cheers

EDIT: I just noticed you were talking about CCE 2.70.
I don't know if any of the above mentioned tools works with CCE. 2.70 but you might want to give it a try anyways.
09-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Free Member

Thanks for the reply.
Quote:
Try to make a search by Avalon in here and you will find very interesting stuff about him.
He as been a busy lad there is stuff about him everywhere, watch your ideas lads...cough!!

Quote:
Have you tried CQMatiq with TMPGEnc?
Yes made loads of SKVCDs with them its just the CCE is so much faster and I wanted to give that a try, I made a SKVCD with CCE and MA script tonight and it came to 820mb after the sound (64kb )was added, the film was 1hr 48 min long, I think the results are better on TMPGENC at this extreme but then again my eyes are a bit tired at the end of the day .

I will give the other applications a go and thanks for the the advice and reply.
Cheers.
09-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Bob
He as been a busy lad there is stuff about him everywhere, watch your ideas lads...cough!!
He is used to take others works and to say they are him... until you ask him to stop it. Then he appologizes... and continue... elsewhere.

Quote:
I think the reult are better on TMPGENC at this extreme but then again my eyes are a bit tired at the end of the day .
TMPGEnc is a lot better than other encoders in MPEG1. If you are forced to use MPEG2 because of your standalone, you should try HCenc. It is better than CCE in low res and as fast and it is free ! CCE is the best in hight res and hight bitrates, use it only for KDVD.

BTW, HC or CCE work great with manual prediction.
09-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Free Member

Quote:
TMPGEnc is a lot better than other encoders in MPEG1. If you are forced to use MPEG2 because of your standalone, you should try HCenc. It is better than CCE in low res and as fast and it is free ! CCE is the best in hight res and hight bitrates, use it only for KDVD.
Thanks for your advice I will try all your suggestions I have never used CCE for a high bitrate KDVD before and I will also give HCenc a first time try as well.
Thanks again.