Quantcast Get Sound but the Picture is All Scrambled? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
10-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Free Member

I converted an AVI video file to KVCD using the guide on this website for AVI to KVCD. But when I finished I tried in the DVD player and I get sound but the picture is all scrambled, but when I fast forward I can see the picture. What did I do wrong?? I tested a different KVCD in my DVD player that I was given and it played just fine.

Any help would be great.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

10-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Free Member

Retry using a DVD as source. There is too much things that can be wrong in your source (with your first posts here I bet the source is not a capture of your own... ).
10-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Free Member

Well, I burned the original source on CD as a KVCD and it worked fine also in my DVD player.

I converted it to AVI so that I could add subtitles and then re-converted it to KVCD and burned it and now it won't work in my DVD player.

Any ideas???
10-02-2006, 03:33 AM
Free Member

So you are still playing with Da Vinci Code you downloaded on the internet. BUY the DVD where you will find all the subtitles you need and do a KVCD from it.

No more words, no more help on that toppic except this last one : what you want to do is impossible in terms of quality (a 2h30 movies converted twice if nothing but crap. Period). Not saying that using virtualdub to add a subtitle on a mpeg is definitely not the thing to do.

Sorry to tell you that again.
10-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Free Member

I figured it out got it and got to work fine and look great on a TV/DVD player, thanks for not helping and taking my money to join this site.
10-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Free Member

You are welcome

Now that you are here, take your time to discover what KVCD really is.
10-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywan
thanks for not helping and taking my money to join this site.
Maybe you should go back and Re-read the disclaimer once again

-kwag
10-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Free Member

Caseywan, are you sure you are old enough to join our forum?
Well at least you are not showing much maturity .
We are here to help you make the best out of video encoding.
To encode and reencode the same video is certainly far from the best video encoding you can achieve with the methods explained in this site and in our forum.
So take this as an advise: forget about downloading warez AVI (DivX/XviD) from the internet to encode into KVCD or KDVD or whatever format you like the most.
Get your own DVDs and use KDVD to back them up, or grab your favorit TV shows from cable and use KVCD to back them up and you will surely get the best help possible from us.
Otherwise you will just get us bored with your speech and we will just turn our backs to your problems.
I just can't understand people like you.
If you're in such a hurry to show your friends a DVD that still hasn't made it to the blockbuster's machines then why don't you get yourself a tool like avi2dvd http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAvi2Dvd.html?
That way you could even make a business out of it and piss off the Feds.
What do you think?
And stop whining! You only paid for what you get here, that is, for help with legal video encoding.
Now go put you dad's VISA back in his suite's pocket.
Cheers
10-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Free Member

Not to say anything, but the fact there's at least 3 different guides to deal with avisource and only one to deal with dvd source might appear as a little strange in a place where we keep saying avi is crap.
I'm not saying we're hypocrite but...
10-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Free Member

Jason,
Who said AVI is crap in here?
AVI is as good or bad as the majority of the codecs out there.
It has it's ups and it has it's downs.
Even because most of the time an AVI is not actually a mere AVI.
Most of the time we say AVI but we should be saying DivX or XviD or whatever codec that uses the *.avi extension.
What we have always said in here is that you shouldn't take a DVD, encode it to DivX/XviD and then encode it back to (K)DVD or (K)VCD.
And what happens most of the time is that people download a movie from the internet in DivX format and then they want to encode it to KDVD.
Tell me one thing: which Hollywood studio publishes their movies on the internet in DivX format?
None, right?!
So that means that this guy's just downloaded DivX movie has actually already been encoded from DVD to DivX.
I tell you what: while we're at it why don't we reencode it back to DivX after we encode it to KDVD from DivX and from DVD?
What you are right about it is that there are many guides about Avi to (K)DVD and few about DVD to (K)DVD.
But what can I tell you?
Guides were made by a handfull of users that kindly decided to share them with the community.
So you see the forum Administration is not responsible if there are many guides on DivX to KDVD and only a few on DVD to KDVD.
I have been trying to do a guide for many time but unfortunately there is always preventing me from finishing the guide so I can share it...
Cheers