Quantcast DVD Chapters do Not Skip, Authoring DVD-lab Pro 2.20 - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
12-03-2006, 04:14 AM
Free Member

Im putting together a dvd, containing 5 episodes, each episode has 4 chapter points. The problem is when i have skipped forward to the last chapter point in any episode i cant move onto the start of the next episode, until ive watched it or fast forwarded to the end.

I tried putting a chapter point right at the very end of each episode to skip to and that kinda worked, its a bit dodgey though. Is there a command/setting so i can set it to just jump to the start of the next episode once the current episode is past the final chapter point.(If that makes sense )

All the episodes are imported as individual movies. I guess thats obvious really though lol.

Thanks for any help

Edit : apparently in the adobe DVD authroing program its called an End Function. Does this help anyone?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

12-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Free Member

Hi,

You must make a connection between the episodes in the "connections" window. By default, when a movie is over, it returns to its root menu.
12-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Free Member

Thanks for the help, but im not having trouble with that, my connections are ok

Each episode has 4 chapter points in it, after the last chapter point there is about a minute or so of preview for the next episode. I want to know if there is a way so i can make it possible to skip from there straight to the start of the next episode. At the moment all i can do is fast forward till the current episode ends before the next episode starts.

Thanks Again, im sure there must be someway to do this
12-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Free Member

You can ask to DVDLabpro to shorten the episodes. The video is not really cut, but DVDLab will place the new end point to frame you selected. Then it will follow the "end" link set in the connexions.

Just right click on the video track and use "trim end".