Quantcast KVCD: TOK & MovieStacker Downloads? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
02-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Free Member

Can anyone PLEASE! help...my spare hard drive crashed on me and it had ALL my video conversion files on it, I have been able to find most all the files I need except for T.O.K. and Moviestacker......these are the most important files I used and I am at a stand still without them, please dont recomend anything else, I have tried all of the others, and these two work perfect for me....does anyone have them that you can send to me or a plce to get them from....thanx in advance

Bombero

bombero437@verizon.net
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

02-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Free Member

By now you should already know better than to keep on using mstacker and tok.
Wonderful pieces of software but too much outdated these days.
You could try HCMatic and PARanoia and if those 2 don't produce the needed results then you could post it on the forum and maybe we could help you out.
Cheers
02-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Free Member

yes i know they are old, but i got really great results with T.O.K. when converting my AVI files, the problem I'm having is trying to get the quality % to use I have no problem with scripts, T.O.K. used to predict for me and let me know the % to set the quality at, and it was right on every time....Paranoia just seems to make scripts, I tried HCenc and Qmatic, they are not working for me as I want....does anyone have a copy of it you could send me? I really want to get back to encoding some files again...?
02-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Free Member

Hi

I've just joined

I know this is an old tread (they all seem to be) but if you managed to get hold of TOK can you please send it to me, All the links I come across linking to this site (the main reason I joined) seem to be dead

Thanks
02-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Free Member

Tok has been a good tool a long time ago, but it has issue so big that a lot of people finally drop it and use a semi-manual method to make their kvcd, using CQMatic (look for its dedicated forum here).
02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Free Member

Ok thanks I will

I would still like to have a go with TOK if anyone still has it

thanks again
02-13-2009, 03:05 AM
Free Member

Hi kvcdpro,

ToK 'Tok Tok' is dead as a door nail

As Phil said, please take a look at CQMatic, CalcuMatic and other tools that have been updated more recently, and work far better and provide much better results than ToK ever did

-kwag
02-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Free Member

Thanks guys

The reason I wanted TOK is so I could try razorblades guide.

I've had a try with cqmatic but I get an error when it opens tmpgenc saying "The Image Is Invalid"
02-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Free Member

I just thought I should let you know what exactly I'm doing.

1. I open Tmpgenc and close the wizard

then I click on browse (next to video source) and load my avi file (it automatically loads the audio source.

2. I click load and select my KVCD template (KVCD-CQ-352x240-_NTSCFILM_-PLUS)

3. I then select "system (video+audio)" (I've tried es video only as well)

4. Then I click file and "save project" and save it as type "Tmpgenc Text project (*.tpr)

5. now I open both calcumatic and cqmatic.

6. first I click source in calcumatic and select my avi file. then I make sure my audio is set at 128 and the number of disks is set to 1 (80min cd) and click calculate.

7. now I turn to cqmatic, first I click settings and tell it where tmpgenc , I then enter everything calcumatic told me the: mins, secs, avg, now I click open project and select the the saved tmpgenc file. and click execute.

Everything seems to be ok but then I get a tmpgenc error "The Image Is Invalid".

Thanks again for all your help
02-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvcdpro
then I click on browse (next to video source) and load my avi file

Quote:
Remember, this website is for personal and legal use. KVCD.Net won't take any responsibilities in any way for how you choose to use the instructions, software and links in this guides. This pages only serves as a guide to learning, NOT a guide to DVD piracy or anything illegal. By reading this, you automatically agree to abide by this rules. If you don't agree, please leave this site immediately. All KVCD templates, KVCD Quantization Matrix, and the contents of this pages unless otherwise specified are Copyright (c) 2002, 2003 of KVCD.Net. Duplication of links or content for commercial or illegal use is strictly prohibited. This site contains links to other sites. KVCD.Net is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Also, we do NOT discuss any DivX/XviD related topics on this site.
Whatsoever, I don't remember what this error message is but it's look like if you did not reset the edit range. And never use Video+Audio with Cqmatic.

I close the topic.
Closed Thread