Quantcast Bitrates: the Image is Invalid - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
02-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Free Member

Hi guys

I'm not sure if the is the right place to post this but:

I'm trying to convert a AVI file into KVCD using cqmatic , calcumatic ,and tmpgenc. but I keep getting an error saying "The Image Is Invalid" .

This is what I'm doing:

1. I open Tmpgenc and close the wizard

then I click on browse (next to video source) and load my avi file (it automatically loads the audio source.

2. I click load and select my KVCD template (KVCD-CQ-352x240-_NTSCFILM_-PLUS)

3. I then select "system (video+audio)" (I've tried es video only as well)

4. Then I click file and "save project" and save it as type "Tmpgenc Text project (*.tpr)

5. now I open both calcumatic and cqmatic.

6. first I click source in calcumatic and select my avi file. then I make sure my audio is set at 128 and the number of disks is set to 1 (80min cd) and click calculate.

7. now I turn to cqmatic, first I click settings and tell it where tmpgenc , I then enter everything calcumatic told me the: mins, secs, avg, now I click open project and select the the saved tmpgenc file. and click execute.

Everything seems to be ok but then I get a tmpgenc error "The Image Is Invalid".

Thanks for nay help given
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

02-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Free Member

Snapshot please (if possible not only the error window but the whole tmpgenc application). And also post the tpr file. It may come from invalid character in the source filename.

Also did you try other source ?

Note: as I said NEVER "audio+video" in cqmatic. It will never work with it, even after you will find the reason for that "image invalid" issue.

Edit: moved to cqmatic forum.
02-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Free Member

Thanks again for your reply (are you the only one on here..lol)

I was playing around today trying to fix this error ,and I think I've fixed it.

The file I was trying to convert was on my external hard drive ,as soon as I put the file on my desktop before converting it Everything seemed to work.

When you say "NEVER "audio+video" in cqmatic" what is the reason for this? wont it work or will it just give out bad results?

Also what software would you suggest I use to extract the audio and then add it back to the finished .m1v video file?

Thanks again for all your help I really appreciate it

Edit:

Is there anything I can do so I end up with a .mpg file and not a .m1v file?
02-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvcdpro
When you say "NEVER "audio+video" in cqmatic" what is the reason for this? wont it work or will it just give out bad results?
From the top of my head, bad results (CQ found always 89.57, indicating an error somewhere).

Quote:
Also what software would you suggest I use to extract the audio and then add it back to the finished .m1v video file?
The audio can't be just extracted then remuxed, it must be encoded in mp2 too.
Extract -> tmpgenc (see "file" menu and look something like "output format" and select "wav")n then in tmpgenc ask for "AUDIO only" and start the process. You audio will be saved as wav.
Encode -> headac3che or besweet
Remux -> tmpgenv (see "file" menu -> mpeg tools)

Note: from an avi it's possible to extract and encode in one step using besweet.
Edit:

Quote:
Is there anything I can do so I end up with a .mpg file and not a .m1v file?
mpg is generally for audio+video. If you are doing video only, then the regular extension is m1v. It will be mpg after the audio is remuxed with the video.
02-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Free Member

Hi

Thanks for the reply

If I try and open the wave file with headac3he I get an error "could not find data chunk" and if I rename the wav file from .wav to .ac3 I get the error "could not find AC3 header"

Also if I extract the audio using tmpgenc the wav file ends up being over 1gb in size . I tried using virtual dub and the wav file is the size it should be but I still get the same errors from headac3he

Also Besweet simply doesn't work (maybe its because I'm using vista)

I've been reading about a program called "Mplex" that should let me join the audio and video files together.

Thanks again for all your help
02-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Free Member

02-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Free Member

Hi again

I managed to create a .mp2 by using virtual dub to extract the audio (and create a .wav file) and I had to use ffmpegGUI to convert the wav file to a .mp2 file.

I tried to use mplex to mux the .m1v and the .mp2 files together but it gave me two files to be burnt to disk and not one.

I've been reading about using Tmpgenc to mux the files together but some people to open "mpeg tools" , select "simple multiplex" and have the "Type" set as "MPEG-1 system (automatic"

and other people say to have the "Type" set as "MPEG-1 Video-CD (non- standard)"

What one should I set it to?

Also will one give my KVCD a better picture ?

Thanks again (I'm almost there)
02-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Also will one give my KVCD a better picture ?
Muxing does not affect quality, it's more a matter of "readability" by the player.

A KVCD is a XVCD, that means a VCD not in the VCD standards. Thus the choice to take is "Video-CD (non-standard)".

If you take the other choice, very often players won't read it as it's a computer format, not a video one.
02-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Free Member

Thanks again (your very helpful)

Just one more question

I seem to be getting a file size of about 867mb (757mb video,85.6mb audio) after muxing the files together. I have just seen the "mux overhead button in CalcuMatic.

Should it be set to "KVCD/SVCD Mux Overhead" when doing a kvcd?
02-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Free Member

Prediction with tmpgenc can't be precise and cqmatic just tries to reach the target a close as possible. Unfortunately, sometime you are above and sometimes below.

There is not "correct" value for the overhead, it's sure a safety that you can introduce to have an encoded file below the targeted size (taht is better than above ).

My opinion is that you should reencode the audio first. I don't know what birate you used, but 86mb is very big. Use 128 ou 112 kit/s.
02-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Free Member

128 is already what I'm using for audio.

The avi file I'm trying to convert is only 701mb to start with.

Is there any other settings in tmpgenc I should be changing before I save my .tpr file ?

All I do in thpgenc is load my avi file and select the "KVCD-CQ-352x240-_NTSCFilm_-Plus" file , then save it.

Should I be doing anything in the settings?

Thanks again
02-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Free Member

Quote:
The avi file I'm trying to convert is only 701mb to start with.
What a surprise ! And you dare to tell me in PM that you are not doing "something illegal" and that avi is not only divx ? Do I look like such an idiot ?

Thread closed. Don't even think about complaining in PM, except if you want me to become rude, that I don't wish.

Existing topic have much more information that you need. When you will encode a DVD, let me know.
Closed Thread