Quantcast KVCDs Will Not Play! - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
12-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Free Member

Hi Dialhot

Ca\an you please help me

I'm having a few problems burning my kvcd's.

I've been burning and playing my kvcd's with no problems at all ,but for some reason when i burn them now they only play on my computer and not on my dvd players.

This is how I'm burning them.

I open Nero burning rom and click "video cd" on the left , then i untick the "create standard compliant cd" and click "new", I then drag my mpg file that has been created using CQMatic and muxed using tmpgenc and burn it at the slowest speed.

This has always worked for me but fro some reason it has stopped.

Is there software that is better than nero that i could try?

I have heard you can use vcdgear to bun them but i couldn't find any guides

Any help would be very much appreciated
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

12-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Free Member

I'm not burning VCD anymore since something like 3 years . But I always used vcdeasy Try to find a free version of it.

I'm quite sure that Nero is not building a VCD but simply burning the mpg as a file which you can see in Windows explorer. Isn't it ?
12-31-2009, 10:19 PM
Free Member

Thanks for your reply and happy new year

I forgot about vcdeasy and just tried installing it but it doesn't work with vista/window 7

Do you know of any other software i could try?

Also Nero isn't burning it as a data disk if that's what you mean.

I'm opening up "Nero Burning Rom" and selecting to make a "Video Cd" (on the left hand panel), I then un tick the box next to "Create Standard Compliant CD" and click "New" (at the bottom of the screen), I then drag over my mpg file that i muxed an click burn.

The burnt cd contains 5 folders ( CDI , EXT , MPEGAV , SEGMENT , VCD), the biggest one being MPEGAV that contains a file called AVSEQ01.DAT .... I don't know if this means anything to you?

This has always worked for me up until about a week ago, but for some reason they no longer play in any of my dvd players.

Thanks again
01-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Free Member

Strange as what you describe is the correct content of a VCD. There is no reason to not work. Did you tried several movies? Changed the media brand ? What's the error ?

As I said, I don't burn VCD since very long and I can't tell you about other tool. Did you notice than DVD-R are cheaper than CD-R ?
01-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Free Member

Thanks again for your reply

Yes I've was using the band i always used and I've Also tried two others.

And yes I've also tied quite a few movies , I've even tried converting movies that i already converted in the past.

I'm not getting any errors from Nero and it says that its burnt successfully .

Another thing is that movies i have converted to kvcd in the past are still playing ok , so it cant be the dvd players.

I dont know what else to try
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Free Member

Today i uninstalled and reinstalled all my codec's and i even upgraded to the new nero 9 but I've still got the same problem

Tomorrow I'm going to try making the kvcd using vcd gear (i think it makes the vcd and created a bin and cue file for burning).

If that doesn't work then ill try and download a kvcd already in bin and cue format so i can test if its the burning stage that's not working.

Have you got any other ideas on what else i can try?
01-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Free Member

KSVCD instead of VCD. Are you stuck to MPEG1 ?
Or as already said, move to DVD !
02-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Free Member

I'm back again....lol

I've been burning to DVD since i last wrote on here but i really miss doing my kvcd's :

So a couple of days ago i thought i would try and get to the bottom of the problem again, so updated all my codec's , software...etc again and again had the same problems so i tried using vcdgear but that either crashes or produces a corrupt file that cant even be played on the pc.

I had another look at the burnt kvcd disk on my computer and again it has CDI , EXT , MPEGAV , SEGMENT , VCD So i then thought i would take the disk to my sisters as her DVD player plays anything you throw at it, and guess what .......... it played

Now i would think its my DVD player but..

1. it still plays all the kvcd disks that i have burnt before i had this problem.

2. I'm not using any new brands of disks

3. its only the kvcd's i burn now that won play (i know its the same as 1. ....lol)

Have you got any idea what the problem could be now ??

Thanks for all the help so far
02-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Free Member

I may be your burner that is dying.

Two month ago my burner was not abble to read anymore the disk it was burning (that means I couldn't check the "verify" box anymore) but was still reading original DVDs and the ones I burnt long time ago. But as all the disc were working on all my DVD readers, it was not a big issue.

Finalmy my PS3 started to rejects the discs, and few moment after the burner died.
02-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
I may be your burner that is dying.

Two month ago my burner was not abble to read anymore the disk it was burning (that means I couldn't check the "verify" box anymore) but was still reading original DVDs and the ones I burnt long time ago. But as all the disc were working on all my DVD readers, it was not a big issue.

Finalmy my PS3 started to rejects the discs, and few moment after the burner died.
Ill try using my external dvd drive and see if that makes any difference.

The only thing with that is that the kvcd cd i took to my sisters house played perfectly so if it was my burner wouldn't the disk not play in any dvd player ?

Thanks again for your replys
03-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Free Member

Hi again

I thought i would give you another update...

I remembered i still had my old hard drive with vista on it (i upgraded my hard drive a few months ago and put win7 on the new one) so i thought i would put that back in as i never had any problem back when i had this drive in , so it would be like a snap shot of a working operating system that i knew would have no conflicts...etc

The bad news is that it made no difference

So i put in a new dvd drive in the computer .....

The worse news is that didn't make any difference either

I am completely lost now as to what could be causing this problem.

I would now be thinking it was my home dvd player as my sisters pays my new kvcds without any problems. The strange thing is that my home dvd player still plays all the kvcd disks i made before i started having this problem.

Have you got any more ideas ?

Thanks again for all your help so far
03-02-2010, 04:34 AM
Free Member

I didn't understand the disc play in an other reader.
As you already changed eveything else, I don't see an other reason than your own reader. Even if I don't see the logic either.