Quantcast Avisynth Filter to Adjust Dark Areas and Bright Areas? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
02-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Free Member

Hello, looking for some filter to adjust dark areas and bright areas in a separate way i found "Levels", filter that says that you can "...choose different gamma curves, e.g. to boost dark areas without washing out bright ones" but the explanation of the filter is very confusing:

"The input_low and input_high parameters determine what input pixel values are treated as pure black and pure white; the output_low and output_high parameters determine the output values corresponding to black and white; and the gamma parameter controls the degree of nonlinearity in the conversion."

I also read "since it lets you adjust the black-point, mid-(gray) point, and white-point values individually",
how do i do that with this 5 parameters?, which of these commands i have to move to adjust highlight/midtone/shadow?

What exactly is input_low, output_high, etc?

Are this commands the same for other level filters thats use masktools like Ylevels or Smoothadjust?

Thanks a lot for any help, seems like a tough one.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

02-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Free Member

Hello everybody, and a happy 2011 (...late?).

If I remember it well, I believe I used to adjust levels with the levels filter in VirtualDub. And then copy/paste the values obtained in VirtualDub.
You may try and see how it works.
02-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Free Member

Thanks, indeed using the VirtualDub filter make the testings a lot less painful, i guess id have to experiment by myself with virtualdub, i still cant find a more practical explanation for Levels.