Quantcast Recording Video: 2gb Capture Limit with Pinnacle DC 30 Pro Help! - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
11-09-2002, 12:18 AM
Free Member

Send a message via AIM to Bruce H. Smith
Can anyone tell me how to disable the capture limit of 2GB when capturing with the Pinnacle DC Pro?

Thank You!

BH Smith
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

11-16-2002, 10:10 AM
Free Member

hi bruce!

when i bought pinnacle de luxe version 8 i experienced the same problem but with 4bg limits that's 17 minutes captured video.

a good man from another forum like this, adviced me to reformat my dedicated video hdd from fat32 to ntfs. this solved my problem. i can now capture video more than 2 hours.

This might also solved your problem.

regards ,

eworm
11-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eworm
a good man from another forum like this, adviced me to reformat my dedicated video hdd from fat32 to ntfs. this solved my problem. i can now capture video more than 2 hours.
This will only work if he is using Win2k or WinXP.
If he is using any "last millenium" operating systems, NTFS is not supported.

My best advice to anyone is, if your hardware can support it, move to WinXP. Best flavour of Windows since 98SE. Personally I would not have WinME on any system.
12-19-2002, 10:10 AM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to el_mero_zooter
avi_io will let you capture segmented, in 2gig installments.
virtualdub can use spill drives to capture segmented as well.
avi_io is not freeware though, but the trial will give u a chance to do something like 6 gig's or so, can't recall.

but ntfs w2k or xp is a great route if you'd want to upgrade.

ztr
02-11-2003, 10:43 AM
Free Member

Although the dc30 drivers work with Win2K, there is as far as I know, NO driver support for WinXp. For both winxp and win2k, the card is lacking vfw support and therefore cannot be used with vdub or avio.

Therefore win98se or winMe with avio is the best route for this card. I have the DC 30+ and have had the same issue. Shame coz it's a lovely capture card.
02-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Free Member

Virtualdub works like a charm for me and if you need to cap more than 2gig try this
Code:
So how do I capture more than 4GB? 
You must do all of the following:

Use normal capture (F6 key) and not compatibility mode capture (F5 key). 
Check Capture/Enable multisegmented capture. 
Add one or more drives to Capture/Spill drives. Set the thresholds to 50MB, and make sure you use a full path (i.e. E:\ and not E:). Also, set priority of all drives to 0 to avoid a bug in V1.4c.
VirtualDub will then capture in segments to a bunch of 2GB files.
This is from the faq on capture at http://www.virtualdub.org/docs_capture
03-11-2003, 08:33 AM
Free Member

Quote:
hi bruce!

when i bought pinnacle de luxe version 8 i experienced the same problem but with 4bg limits that's 17 minutes captured video.

This might also solved your problem.

regards ,

eworm
I've installed a 40GB drive from Win98se system into my new WindowsXP system. How do I format existing fat32 to ntfs?
03-11-2003, 09:33 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksteel
I've installed a 40GB drive from Win98se system into my new WindowsXP system. How do I format existing fat32 to ntfs?
Right click on the drive, and select "Format".
Then select "NTFS".

-kwag
03-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksteel
Right click on the drive, and select "Format".
Then select "NTFS".

-kwag
Thanks, I'm new to XP. Could you also look at my post about optimum tv capture and give me some advice. I really want to see how good one can capture using the WinTVGO card.
06-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Free Member

Quote:
hi bruce!

Try AVI_IO, the link should be in the Tools Section.

The only limit is the amount of free hard drive space on all your drives...

That's right I said ALL your drives, AVI_IO captures video and saves it in 2GB or 4GB sections, TMPGEnc will take all the sections and treat them like one large video file.
08-03-2003, 08:04 AM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiz
Although the dc30 drivers work with Win2K, there is as far as I know, NO driver support for WinXp. For both winxp and win2k, the card is lacking vfw support and therefore cannot be used with vdub or avio.

Therefore win98se or winMe with avio is the best route for this card. I have the DC 30+ and have had the same issue. Shame coz it's a lovely capture card. :(
YES The DC30 or DC30+ are very good cards if you use a good VCR as a needed tuner device:

Here a sample (PAL, CableTv /Commercial from NIVEA) (deinterlaced and just a little bit of Avisynths STMedianFilter & asharp used ... nothing else)

And the coorect driver to use with WIN2k or WINxp can be found here:
http://www.interface.co.yu/DC30/

In both cases (xp or 2k) use the WINxp driver. Its a WDM driver and when capturing with VirtualVCR using its fantastic AV Sync capabilities, you'll get very good results.

And the best of all: If you use this WDM Driver, a DC30 will also be able to capture up to 5MB/Sec!!! Instead of its orig. 3,5MB/Sec.

So get this fantastic card at ebay, as I did! ;-)
08-03-2003, 09:02 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

fantastic details my friend incredible, very cool!

thanks for hints.
08-03-2003, 09:09 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

I also recommend VirtualVCR, I use to my SKY Digital captures with amazing results! Just make sure you check resample audio to prevent any synch problems (I never got asynch audio using this!)

[]'s
Vmesquita
09-12-2003, 02:52 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
YES The DC30 or DC30+ are very good cards if you use a good VCR as a needed tuner device:

And the coorect driver to use with WIN2k or WINxp can be found here:
http://www.interface.co.yu/DC30/

In both cases (xp or 2k) use the WINxp driver. Its a WDM driver and when capturing with VirtualVCR using its fantastic AV Sync capabilities, you'll get very good results.

And the best of all: If you use this WDM Driver, a DC30 will also be able to capture up to 5MB/Sec!!! Instead of its orig. 3,5MB/Sec.

So get this fantastic card at ebay, as I did!
Incredible,

Thanks for the info, but the link to the driver doesn't work and I can't find a free dowload of it anywhere. Any chance you know of another link?

Cheers,

Fiz.
09-12-2003, 03:44 AM
Free Member

Since 1 Day (refered to the date of this posting) there's maybe a problem between the offerer Aleksandar from "http://www.interface.co.yu/DC30/" and the hoster from mirosupport.de called Mike. I don't know why, because both of them offer differend kinds of hecked DC10+ driver which make the DC30 and DC30+ working perfectly under WIN2000, XP.

But the difference between them is that Mike wants the people to pay for it!
(Well a little peace of money for the CD and burning) but why??
As we saw, its very simple to just download them cause of their little amount of MB size.

Well, I wrote to Aleksandar to tell me where I can get somewhere else exactly these drivers ...

I still got a perfect working Version on my HD and I will search tonight for the installerVersion (I had a backup HD but its crashed! so lets see if I still got a backup somewhere else) just to offer it on my WebSpace!
So stay tuned, I'll post the Link if I can find it.
09-12-2003, 03:50 AM
Free Member

So if someone read this thread earlyer and maybe downloaded the last version of the XP Driver DC30, please contact me under:

the(dot)incredible(at)gmx(dot)net

just to send it me via mail so I can offer it!

BIG THANKS!!!

Inc.
12-09-2003, 04:30 PM
Free Member

I found a (I think the last) hosting site for a free!!! DC30 Capture Card driver. Don't buy that one offered at miro-support.de! Its a private site of a collector and he wants money for stuff which normally doesn't cost money as in this case a simple capture driver!!

The simple thing is ... both drivers (his and that one at the link offered below) are modified DC10 drivers so a DC30 will do work WITHOUT capture limit when using NTFS and WIN2000 and WinXP! And it will even make a DC30 able to capture at 5,5 MB/sec using its internal onboard hardware Mjpeg encoding support!
And as a DC10 doesn't support audio input you have to capture the audio via your mainboards sound input! But thats not critical because on the one hand the DC30 delivers surpreme video digitizings but on the other hand on all dc30's the onboard sound input got a bug on the right channel which causes in very very little sound distortion, well you wont hear it, but on the other hand ... you will get a very good sound quality using your onboard soundsystem ... and when using VirtualVCR and its dynamical AudioResampling capabilities YOUR AUDIO WILL BE IN SYNC!

Get it here:
http://plugins.members.easyspace.com/dll.htm

Inc.