Quantcast CD/DVD Burns, but Nothing is on the Disc? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
05-29-2002, 03:47 AM
Free Member

Hi!

I use Nero 5.5.7.8 and VcdEasy. And when it comes time to burn the cd light is red and and hard drive is going and the % is going up and everything, but when it gets done there is NOTHING on the cd at all! This has been going on for a while now. I use to have hardly no problems at all with VcdEasy, at least until I installed this new Nero. And I think that is when I started having my problems. Alot of times VcdEasy said "might be a bad ASPI driver and the CDRdao wasn't executed". So today, I downloaded new Adaptec aspi drivers and it appears so far that the aspi driver problem might be gone. Is Adaptec easy cd creator, vcdeasy or nero having some kind of conflicts here. I DON'T have the easy cd creator plus or whatever it's called that does vcds, it is just the basic one that came with the computer. I like VcdEasy cause it does the chapters.

It just seems really strange that the burner light is red and going and the hard drive is going and the program is going with the %, but when it is done, there is absolutely nothing on the cd at all and it is blank. Now how the heck can that be?

HEEEEEEEEEEELP!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

05-30-2002, 05:09 PM
Free Member

It could be that your burner finally gave up!.
Are you sure you don't have the "simulation" turned on?

kwag
05-30-2002, 05:46 PM
Free Member

Also ForceAspii works great for aspii errors- I could never get the CDRDAO in VCDEasy to work until I installed forceaspii

When my burner took a crap Windows didn't recognize the drive anymore- $300 for 1 year