Quantcast Making CD-R Readable? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
06-23-2002, 06:26 AM
Free Member

To make a long story short, I have a Denon DVD-2500 DVD player (bought in Dec. 1999), the manual says it does NOT support CD-R/-RW. OK that's fine, but I tried Maxell CD-RW (4x) and it worked perfectly, other brands did not work. I have also tried some pirated CD-R (it is definitely an ordinary CD-R) movie, it also worker perfectly. Question:

1---I have checked the files inside "CDI" folder of the pirated CD-R, the files inside the folder are not exactly the same as the ones I burnt by Nero. Is this the reason which makes a disc readable/non-readable? If so, how can I edit the files inside "CDI" folder created by Nero?

2---I have tried to copy files inside CDI folder of the pirated CD-R movie (it may be a stupid move, but I have tried anyway), but I cannot do that, the computer does not allow me to do so.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

06-23-2002, 07:40 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syk2c11
To make a long story short, I have a Denon DVD-2500 DVD player (bought in Dec. 1999), the manual says it does NOT support CD-R/-RW. OK that's fine, but I tried Maxell CD-RW (4x) and it worked perfectly, other brands did not work. I have also tried some pirated CD-R (it is definitely an ordinary CD-R) movie, it also worker perfectly.
It might have the same peculiarity as some Sony, Samsung and Shinco Players: they just play certain brands of CD-R. Try to get your hands on a CD-R from the Vivastar, Princo, or Sirius. They seem to do work on those players.

I can only confirm Vivastar on Sony from my own experience, the rest of the info I found on the internet. The funny thing was that I took a lot of trouble ordering Vivastars over the internet, only to find out that a shop 200 meters from my work sells them
06-24-2002, 08:13 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syk2c11
To make a long story short, I have a Denon DVD-2500 DVD player (bought in Dec. 1999), the manual says it does NOT support CD-R/-RW. OK that's fine, but I tried Maxell CD-RW (4x) and it worked perfectly, other brands did not work. I have also tried some pirated CD-R (it is definitely an ordinary CD-R) movie, it also worker perfectly. Question:

1---I have checked the files inside "CDI" folder of the pirated CD-R, the files inside the folder are not exactly the same as the ones I burnt by Nero. Is this the reason which makes a disc readable/non-readable? If so, how can I edit the files inside "CDI" folder created by Nero?

2---I have tried to copy files inside CDI folder of the pirated CD-R movie (it may be a stupid move, but I have tried anyway), but I cannot do that, the computer does not allow me to do so.
Hi !
Its interesting
Can u be more specific :
1. What entries have THE PIRATED CD-R ?
2. How EXECTLY did u try to copy files ?
bman
06-24-2002, 09:30 AM
Free Member

The content of the pirated movie are as follows: (I emphasis it again, it is an ordinary CD-R with NO brand name printed on it, it is just a mirror-like CD-R)

under the folder of "CDI"
(Name) (size) (Type)
---CDI_ALL.RTF 2KB Rich Text Format
---CDI_BUM.DAT 3,414KB DAT
---CDI_FONT.FNT 142KB FNT
---CDI_VCD.APP 21KB APP

under the folder of "EXT"
---LOT_X.VCD 64KB VCD
---PSD_X.VCD 1KB VCD

under the folder of "MPEGAV"; it contains the movie

under the folder of "SEGMENT"; it is empty

under the folder of "VCD"
---ENTRIES.VCD 2KB VCD
---INFO.VCD 2KB VCD
---LOT.VCD 64KB VCD
---PSD.VCD 1KB VCD

that's all the pirated CD-R contains; it plays perfectly on my Denon DV-2500 player. Any idea?

By saying copy, I mean I drag the entries to my harddisk at file manager. Thanks in advance!