Quantcast Headac3he: Hissing Comes Out of the Speakers - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
08-31-2003, 10:53 PM
Free Member

I'm trying to convert a DVD movie to KVCD.When I put my ac3 file into headache,from dvd2avi,and click on options the input channels are all checked(Left,Right,Center,Rear Left,Rear Right I think sub woof as well.).Now are all of these suppose to be checked or just left and right channels for input and output?
When I try to play back a littl sample my DVD player freezes up and hissing comes out of the speakers.(What I mean is it won't play the movie,which I don't understand because I encoded one lastnight,the exact same way and it worked fine,but plays the audio file as loud static.)Now is it due to what I meantioned above?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

08-31-2003, 11:35 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistandantilus
I'm trying to convert a DVD movie to KVCD.When I put my ac3 file into headache,from dvd2avi,and click on options the input channels are all checked(Left,Right,Center,Rear Left,Rear Right I think sub woof as well.).Now are all of these suppose to be checked or just left and right channels for input and output?
Hi Fistandantilus,

When you open your AC3 file with HeadAC3he, your input channels should all be checked, and your output channels should be left and right ONLY
On downmix type, make sure you select "Surround 2" and click on "2 channels", just to make sure everything is set correctly.
Encode your audio as .mp2 and as "Dual Channel". NOT STEREO

-kwag
09-01-2003, 12:09 AM
Free Member

HMM.I'm sure that;s exactly what I did.I'll double check.When I do the kvcd 352x480,in Tmpgenc I have to change the mpeg-1 to mpeg-2.The film is also 16:9 so I set it to 16:9 display and 16:9 display in advanced as well.The video won't play and the audio is hissing.Could it have something to do with the 16:9?Or could have something to do with maybe one of my other programs maybe the way I am doing DVD2avi or in Moviestacker?
09-01-2003, 01:19 AM
Free Member

If you're doing a KVCD (VCD), you must set the output aspect to 4:3. Not 16:9, because VCD specs don't support 16:9. So you'll definitely have aspect problems on with some players/TVs.
Play it safe, and always encode 4:3. Unless you're doing a KDVD (DVD), and then you can use 16:9.
For the audio, I assume you're using "Decode" in DVD2AVI
This way, you extract the AC3 as it is, then process it with HeadAC3he.

-kwag
09-01-2003, 02:25 AM
Free Member

darn I was using demux in DVD2avi.Also I guess that is what we use scripts for?So that when it is a 16:9 and you load it into TMPGenc it crops it ,not as a 4:3 but makes it into a 16:9?
Thanks again Kwaq.Sorry for all the questions as well.I just don't want to give up on KVCD.Once I set my mind on figuring something out I try every possible means to accomplish it.
I did do a backup of the movie The Outsider(I own the DVD,Have 2 little ones that love to destroy my DVD's).I fit it onto one CD-R as 352x480(DVD player won't do 702x480(Still jerky no matter what).It came out awesome.I tried it as an SVCD,took 2 discs,and the quality of the 1 KVCD and the 2 SVCD were relatively the exact same.