Quantcast Audio is Giving Loud Pops and Clicks with Every Movie - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
10-20-2003, 07:02 AM
Free Member

Could anyone help with this;

I've encoded 6 movies with KVCD half pal and done audio from AC3 to mp2 with headache. Then build dvd project with dvdlab.

Everything is burned to one DVD and everything else exept the audio is working perfect. Audio is giving loud pops and clicks with every movie. I've tried many things; muxing with tmpeg mpgtools, muxing with dvdlab, re-encoded audio with besweet, re-encoded audio with dvdlab but still same problem exists.

When listening audio with computer everything is just fine, no clicks and pops. When playing with my Thomson standalone lots of pops and clicks.

I don't know what to do next, please help!

McMount
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

10-20-2003, 10:39 AM
Free Member

Hi mcmount,

Seems you encoded your audio as "Stereo"
That also happens to me, on my RCA receiver.
Encode your audio as "Dual Channel", and try it again.
DO NOT encode as "Stereo" or "Joint Stereo"

-kwag
10-20-2003, 11:06 AM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to el_mero_zooter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmount
Could anyone help with this;

I've encoded 6 movies with KVCD half pal and done audio from AC3 to mp2 with headache. Then build dvd project with dvdlab.

Everything is burned to one DVD and everything else exept the audio is working perfect. Audio is giving loud pops and clicks with every movie. I've tried many things; muxing with tmpeg mpgtools, muxing with dvdlab, re-encoded audio with besweet, re-encoded audio with dvdlab but still same problem exists.

When listening audio with computer everything is just fine, no clicks and pops. When playing with my Thomson standalone lots of pops and clicks.

I don't know what to do next, please help!

McMount

Mc,
Think i follow ya,,,
it may be something within dvdlab itself, which version did u get?
If you already have the ac3 sound file, use the ac3 audio file directly....
dont need to encode to mp2 ---if you are going to be using dvdlab to author to dvd .....
I've had probs with mp2, mpa files and dvdlab...when i use mpg or mpv and ac3 for the audio,,,works mint....

ZtR
10-21-2003, 06:47 AM
Free Member

Thank you VERY much for help, I'll test both methods and let you know how it goes cause I've already deleted some ac3 files.

mcmount