Quantcast Recording Video: the Combing Effect - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
11-16-2003, 11:37 PM
Free Member

First of all let me say that I did a search and could not find too much information pertaining to my problem. I have recently started to capture DV video from my Canon ZR70MC. I know that it is 29.97 NTSC and I captured through belkin firewire card with Adobe Premiere, DV NTSC template, but when I encoded it with SKVCD mpeg 2 template I have the combing effect when there is fast movement. The picture is fine if there is no motion, but when someone moves or runs, the lines are horrible. Now on the SKVCD template, on the first tab under settings I changed to 29.97 and interlace and on the second tab I selected interlace and bottom field first, as that is what Adobe said it captures first. I also tried to reencode with top field first and to no avail. This is my first capture and I used the optimal script, with my values from moviestacker for gripfit, to try it out. I had to add the converttoyuy2() line at the begining.

Can anyone help me out as to what settings are needed or possible what lines I need in my script. Did I use the wrong settings for the skvcd template or am I missing something or need to change something else?

Everyone's help would be very much appreciated for a newbie trying to make a ksvcd of his daughter to pass to family members

My setup if anyone needs to know,
Pent 4 - 1.7 Ghz
40 gig hd - formatted NTSF or NTFS (whatever it is ) clean install with just encoding programs on it, no antivirus, no internet, nothing other than what was on the XP Professional Disc (which is not much), its what some might call a virgin to the computer world.
Belkin Firewire Card
Adobe Premiere 6.0
Tmpgenc 2.521 Plus
Avisynth 2.08
Nero

Thanks in advance! If any other information is needed please ask.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

11-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Free Member

Sorry all, I realized I posted in the wrong topic section, should have went under Tmpgenc Encoding, but no one has any advice to offer?