Quantcast How to Put 5 Episodes to KVCD with Menu? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
11-26-2003, 01:02 PM
Free Member

My friend has a Scrubs S1 DVD, I ripped it to AVI, since I didn't know about KVCD back then.
Then I wanted to convert it to VCD, but didn't like the number of Episodes that would have fit on (2-3, depending on Episodes), and I didn't know how to make a menu either.
Then I heard about KVCD, converted some Movies I had, then remembered the Scrubs DVD I had ripped. My friend moved, so the DVD->KVCD with Menu Option is no good to me. I would like to put 5 episodes on each KVCD
I would also like a simple menu like this:

So with the DVD-remote control I can select the Episode I want.
If anybody can help me out, with the exact procedure, because I usually use ACP to convert movies to KVCD, I would greatly appreciate it.

I didn't find anything with search, so don't blame me if a similar thread already exists in the forum.

Greetz,
KZA
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

11-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Free Member

Simply encode each episode in a separate mpeg. Use NERO very simple menu feature. You will have something like this :

1/ titleone.mpeg
2/ titleytwo.mpeg
3/ ...

You will just have to use key 1, 2 ... of your remote to launch the correct episode.

And you can even do a thumbnails menu insteed of a text one.
11-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Simply encode each episode in a separate mpeg. Use NERO very simple menu feature. You will have something like this :

1/ titleone.mpeg
2/ titleytwo.mpeg
3/ ...

You will just have to use key 1, 2 ... of your remote to launch the correct episode.

And you can even do a thumbnails menu insteed of a text one.

All sounds great and everything but there a re a few problems:
Hmm, I want to use the text, not thumbnails, text is easier to use. i don't know how to use the nero feature, and i heard it gives you a gay little "Ahead Nero Burning Rom" Watermark at the selection screen. and can i still use the text instead of thumbnails with nero. sry i'm a complete newbie to encoding all this stuff singeley like that and with menu
can i just encode the episodes using acp? or do i need to do it differently?
maybe a custom avs script for acp?

KZA
11-27-2003, 04:47 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KraZaka
]gay little "Ahead Nero Burning Rom" Watermark at the selection screen.
For sure not ! That is the default screen footer but you can change it.

Quote:
and can i still use the text instead of thumbnails with nero.
Yes you can. Go in Nero, do a VCD and before doing the burn, go to the "Menu" tab. You will see, it's very easy to do. And you even have a "Preview menu screen" button to see what you will obtain before burning the CD.

Quote:
I do not know acp but in fact your question is : how do i do a KVCD ?
For taht, you should read some guides here (see right panel on kvcd.net homepage).
11-27-2003, 08:58 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Quote:
]gay little "Ahead Nero Burning Rom" Watermark at the selection screen.
For sure not ! That is the default screen footer but you can change it.

Quote:
and can i still use the text instead of thumbnails with nero.
Yes you can. Go in Nero, do a VCD and before doing the burn, go to the "Menu" tab. You will see, it's very easy to do. And you even have a "Preview menu screen" button to see what you will obtain before burning the CD.

Quote:
I do not know acp but in fact your question is : how do i do a KVCD ?
For taht, you should read some guides here (see right panel on kvcd.net homepage).
i know how to make KVCDs, but I always use ACP to make them. It's easy and I don't really have to do anything
I'm surprised you don't know it. There's a whole Forum here for it
http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=26
so my question is still if i can use acp, because it's usually designed to make movies fit onto 650mb, 700mb, and 800mb cd-r/w
so i was wondering if i could just use this program to do it. or should i ask in the ACP forum

and thanks for the nero menu thing. didn't know it was that fucking simple. What if I don't want the footmark?
i heard of some invisible font color. maybe if you know something about it.

btw i really appreciate the help here
11-27-2003, 09:18 AM
Free Member

Quote:
]I'm surprised you don't know it.
You misunderstood me : I know the soft of course but I never used it as I do all my KVCD by a "manual and far more efficient" method . So I can't give you anyt hints on acp, that's what I wanted to say.

Quote:
or should i ask in the ACP forum
For sure. Do you know better place to ask a question than the dedicated one ?

Quote:
What if I don't want the footmark?
Just try it. You will see a "Footer text" entry just in the middle of the screen ! You can't miss it

Quote:
i heard of some invisible font color. maybe if you know something about it.
Jeez ! How people can complicate very simple things. If you do not like the default text used by Nero, just erase it ! Or put a single space if you still want to have the bottom separation line.
11-27-2003, 11:58 AM
Free Member

thanks a lot. will do