Quantcast Use Flaxen VHS Filter During VirtualDub Video Capturing? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
08-02-2002, 08:42 AM
Free Member

should this filter be turned on during the capture? This time I only added this filter in VDub during the capture then added the other filters to dub the AVI and it seemed like the results were much better than before. Also what is the chroma-shifting all about?

thx,
ren
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

08-02-2002, 11:34 AM
Free Member

I just read the help file that came with the filter and it explained everything- sorry for the brain fart I guess you shouldn't have any filters on during the capture process because they'd hog the memory and you'd drop frames- and it probably doesn't make any difference either way! LOL
08-02-2002, 11:40 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendalunit
should this filter be turned on during the capture? This time I only added this filter in VDub during the capture then added the other filters to dub the AVI and it seemed like the results were much better than before. Also what is the chroma-shifting all about?

thx,
ren
Chroma shifting, in plain english, refers to color saturation.
Here's a great link: http://www.color-tec.com/color/p11.htm
And here's the whole manual for Flasken: http://flaxen.dynip.com/vdf/fxvhs/he...adjchromashift

-kwag
08-02-2002, 12:10 PM
Free Member

hey kwag, thanks for the links!

I was also confused about where in the chain to put this filter:

VHS --> filter --->AVI or
AVI --> filter -->MPG <I think this is the right way
08-02-2002, 12:27 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendalunit
hey kwag, thanks for the links!

I was also confused about where in the chain to put this filter:

VHS --> filter --->AVI or
AVI --> filter -->MPG <I think this is the right way
Hi ren,

Yes, that's the way I've done it too. I capture to AVI with the Huffy codec, without filters in Vdub. Then open the captured AVI and turn on Flaxen filters. Then frameserve to TMPEG. Results? Excelent

-kwag