Quantcast Hauppauge PVR-250 Audio Sync Issues - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
02-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Free Member

Anybody else having audio sync problems with their PVR-250 mpg captures? The issue arises after editing or muxing the original mpg.

According to this thread, http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=174728, the original mpg file has pts information to keep the audio in sync during playback, but this information is lost once an edit or any muxing takes place.

I've got a 2hr mpg capture that plays in sync using WMP, but once I demux the audio and try to remux with the processed video, the audio ends up out of sync. I've tried rendering audio-only from the original mpg using tmpgenc, but that didn't work. I've tried repairing the mpg using the gop/pts fixer utility built into the Womble mpeg Video Wizard, but that didn't work [btw, the utility claimed to fix over 140,000 pts errors in the mpg file]. I also tried rendering audio-only from the fixed mpg - no luck.

This is so frustrating - I've got gorgeous video, thanks to the 11Mb cbr capture rate and the MA script and kdvd template, but in the end, the audio is out of sync. What a waste of beautiful video.

Anyway, I'm hoping that one of you PVR-250 users here at kvcd could help me with this problem. I bought this card specifically for archiving my Hi-8 videos to dvd, but it's not going as smooth as I'd hoped.

dooger2
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

02-10-2004, 06:50 AM
Free Member

Create d2v file from PVR250 mpg file.

Create trim statements in VirtualDub-MPEG2-AC3 1.5.1
Save trim statements with "Save processing settings" to vcf file.
Save wave file with "Save WAV........

Convert VCF file from vdub to AVI file with vcf2avs_gui.exe.

Use MA avs script. Paste trim statement from vcf2avs_gui.exe immediately after mpeg2source statement (using d2v) in script.

Process avs with ffvfw (with Kwag's modifications) or TMPGEnc.

Process wav file with Headac3he to produce mp2 of at least 160bps.

Mux final m2v and mp2 file with mplex (for KVCD) or TMPGEnc Author (for DVD).
02-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Free Member

nicksteel,

Thanks for the procedure - still no luck. I was hoping the save wav from VirtualDub-MPEG2 might have done it, but my audio is still out of sync - it lags the video and gets gradually worse further into the clip.

I pretty much followed your steps but didn't do any trims in vdub (created d2v project from original mpg, loaded orig mpg into vdub-mpeg2 and saved wav, used MA script with decomb, coded with tmpgenc and kdvd template [except 29.97fps, no pulldown, same fps as captured file], and coded audio with headac3e, 320kbps). Video looks great.

Don't know what to try next. Hauppauge tech support hasn't been much help so far - they suggested I uninstall any Intervideo dvd software from my machine such as WinDVD or PowerDVD and try reinstalling their hardware driver. Still need to try that - but I don't see what that will do if the original captured mpg plays fine in WMP (maybe it could clean up the captured mpg file?). I may just have to resort to capturing smaller 30 minute clips and then piece them together afterwards - at least I wouldn't have to mess with 12gig capture files...

dooger
02-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Free Member

Correction: Hauppauge suggested reinstalling their video decoder, not the hardware driver.