Quantcast DVD Lab Runtime Error! Program Compile.aux - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
03-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Free Member

iv gott version 1.3 and once i have created all the menus and stuff, i go to compile, select, and after a few minutes of compiling i get this error message

Runtime error!
Program
c:\pf\dvdlab\compile.aux

abnormal terminatiion

when i check the contents of the output folder, i have all the vob files but no VTS files. any ideas how i can solve this problem, thanks for any help
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

03-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Free Member

Either 1.3 or 1.4 can handle motion menus.
If you want to compile your DVD, turn all your motion menus in static ones.

I lost HOURS myself in doing very nice menus that I had to remove
And that happens everytime, on any DVD I do !
The only motion menu taht seems to work are the ones generated directly by DVDLab (transition menus).
03-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Free Member

I downloaded the trial version 1.3.1 of DVD LAB i havent had a chance to test it yet but according to the mediachance site it does support motion menu's and there was a guide on the site for doing it but like I said I havent got round to testing it out yet.

Michael.
03-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Free Member

And like I said I lost hours by doing such menu and had to remove them. Guide or not guide. Mediachance site or not Mediachance site.

Now I do not say that there isn't a way to deal with them, but this is definitely NOT by following the guide (perhaps there is a problem with menu directly imported from a DVD).
03-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Free Member

i literally spent hours making my dvd menus in LAB. i thought they looked pretty impressive, was tellin the whole family how my new dvds going to be professional. then i get this error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you dont understand how much it bugs me now to think that its gone 2 waste.

is there another way to do these motion menus on dvd lab without error dialhot?

Quote:
(perhaps there is a problem with menu directly imported from a DVD).
i made the menu completely my self, so it may not be that

Quote:
The only motion menu taht seems to work are the ones generated directly by DVDLab (transition menus).
what are transition menus?

after not being able to use lab i went back to tmpg dvd author, and diScovered a nifty trick.
not sure if you guys know this but i always thought you can only have STATIC background for menus in tmpg dvd ( not including the movie clip, and scenes), but you can have a motion background.
all you have to do is set a mpg as the background image (m2v etc), wala u have a full screen motion background and YOU CAN EVEN HAVE SOUND WITH IT. how cool is that??? i wasnt so bummed after i did this and it all works, tried and tested
03-26-2004, 04:16 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khusru
what are transition menus?
When you select a menu, in the "menu" menu () you have a "render transition" entry. Look as into that.

Quote:
all you have to do is set a mpg as the background image (m2v etc), wala u have a full screen motion background and YOU CAN EVEN HAVE SOUND WITH IT. how cool is that??? i wasnt so bummed after i did this and it all works, tried and tested
. My first DVD was done with tmpgenc author and all the menu have video background
The fact that when you open the window "add background" there is "*.mpg" and "*.m2v" in the choice gave me a real clue about that
03-26-2004, 04:23 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
And like I said I lost hours by doing such menu and had to remove them. Guide or not guide. Mediachance site or not Mediachance site.

Now I do not say that there isn't a way to deal with them, but this is definitely NOT by following the guide (perhaps there is a problem with menu directly imported from a DVD).
Sorry I was only saying that ver 1.3 supports motion menus, Geez!

I guess I have some work cut out for me then by the looks of reading these posts if I want to make motion Menus.

EDIT: I just wanted to know quickly if it possible to have a short movie intro like the Star Wars EP 1&2 have before the menu comes up. Now im not suggestion I can make a DVD any where near the quality or as professional as LucasArts do but I was just curious. Thanks.

Michael.