Quantcast KVCD: can I Add Subtitles that I can Turn Off and on? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
08-14-2002, 02:29 PM
Free Member

With kwag's templates, can I add subtitles that I can turn off and on? If I can were do I start? I would real like to know the anwser to this because my friend can't hear real well,and needs subtitles.
Thanks for any Help.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

08-14-2002, 04:23 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfire
With kwag's templates, can I add subtitles that I can turn off and on? If I can were do I start? I would real like to know the anwser to this because my friend can't hear real well,and needs subtitles.
Thanks for any Help.
You can add subtitles with VobSub, using VirtualDub.
For VCD's and KVCD's, you can not switch subtitles. The format doesn't allow that. The subtitles are embedded in the mpeg encoding.

-kwag
09-02-2002, 03:06 PM
Free Member

I am not certain the order I have to proceed with this movie. It is Jin Roh a Japanimation movie and I want to use the original japanese audio track and embed the subtitles, but I have only used virtualdub in the past to do divx movies. What I was wondering is, do I use tmpgenc to encode it first, then run virtualdub to embed the subtitles or do I embed them first then convert to kvcd format?
09-02-2002, 07:01 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitch007
I am not certain the order I have to proceed with this movie. It is Jin Roh a Japanimation movie and I want to use the original japanese audio track and embed the subtitles, but I have only used virtualdub in the past to do divx movies. What I was wondering is, do I use tmpgenc to encode it first, then run virtualdub to embed the subtitles or do I embed them first then convert to kvcd format?
You open your .avs or .d2v with Vdub, load the "VobSub" video plugin, and create (extract) your subs. Then you frameserve from Vdub to TMPEG. Then your frameserved video will have the subs embedded.

-kwag
09-02-2002, 11:00 PM
Free Member

> kwag wrote

You open your .avs or .d2v with Vdub, load the "VobSub" video plugin, > and create (extract) your subs. Then you frameserve from Vdub to TMPEG. Then your frameserved video will have the subs embedded.

And what about sound? Is it possible to frameserve with sound? Without having to mux or syncronizing. Thanks,

Bernhard.
09-02-2002, 11:09 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeneto
> kwag wrote

You open your .avs or .d2v with Vdub, load the "VobSub" video plugin, > and create (extract) your subs. Then you frameserve from Vdub to TMPEG. Then your frameserved video will have the subs embedded.

And what about sound? Is it possible to frameserve with sound? Without having to mux or syncronizing. Thanks,

Bernhard.
Don't frameserve the audio. Process it separately. Open your VOB's with MPEG Mediator, and extract audio to WAV. Process the WAV with headac3he. Mediator downmixes the AC3 audio, and the WAV file it extracts, contains 'Dolby Surround" information. So when you make your .mp2 audio with headac3he, you will preserve this information. Your KVCD's will sounds awesome on a Dolby Prologic II system

-kwag
09-03-2002, 06:42 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
Don't frameserve the audio. Process it separately. Open your VOB's with MPEG Mediator, and extract audio to WAV. Process the WAV with headac3he. Mediator downmixes the AC3 audio, and the WAV file it extracts, contains 'Dolby Surround" information. So when you make your .mp2 audio with headac3he, you will preserve this information. Your KVCD's will sounds awesome on a Dolby Prologic II system
So, why make .mp2 with headac3he if wav file has DD info? Why not simply open .wav and the video file, frameserved by Vdub, in TMPGEnc ? In your approach, that seems to generate ultra-quality movies, how do you mix audio (after using headac3he) and video? How long it takes? Sorry for so many questions but I used to backup my dvd in a 'one-click-poor-method'. Thanks again,

Bernhard
09-03-2002, 10:48 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeneto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
So, why make .mp2 with headac3he if wav file has DD info? Why not simply open .wav and the video file, frameserved by Vdub, in TMPGEnc ? In your approach, that seems to generate ultra-quality movies, how do you mix audio (after using headac3he) and video? How long it takes? Sorry for so many questions but I used to backup my dvd in a 'one-click-poor-method'. Thanks again,

Bernhard
You make the .mp2 with headac3he, because of the superior audio quality produced. TMPEG is a great video encoder, but not a good audio encoder .
You can mix ( Multiplex ) the audio and video streams with TMPEG's built in MPEG tools, or with BBMpeg.

-kwag