Quantcast What Program to Rip the Menus Off the DVD? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
05-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Free Member

my plan is to put one of my trilogies onto dvd, i have it all planned out, the encoding is well under way, using kvcd templates of 528*576, should have it done by 2moz. im going to use dvd patcher to patch the headers for the files so they appear to be dvd. video is about 9 hours. so u can prob. figure what it is. will let u know how it goes, your expert advice has been always helped kwag

1.what program do i use to rip the menus off the dvd? (people have said to use dvd shrink but i cant seem to find the feature to do this), i want to keep the motion in the menus
2.what program can then be used to author these menus back onto my new dvd?
3also will the sound remain on the menus?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

05-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Free Member

But it's not very compatible to use 528er resolution.
Use PACK-SHOTS with Mencoder:

http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic....7e7d442839eb73

This encoder gives you the best quality and you can put your movie lengh in a higher resolution on DVD or you resize with AviSynth and encode.

To author your DVDs use TMPGEnc DVD Author. It's very good because you can create the menüs very free to your wishes.
05-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Free Member

i know how to author and iv done quite a few dvds, iv aready used this method to do the entire futurama series 1-4 onto four dvd disks,

what i need help with is ripping the menus off a dvd so i can author my own dvd using these menus,

so once again please what tools do i use to rip menus off a dvd ?

and what program will let me author using these motion menus?

thanks again
05-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khusru
so once again please what tools do i use to rip menus off a dvd ?
There is not. You can use Menuedit to edit an existant menu but you won't be abble to take one from a DVD and put it on a KDVD as all the VTS vectors must but realigned (this option in Ifoeditor doesn't work well).
Menueditor is just to disable entry in the menus for DVD you ripped partially (for instance, remove german and italian audio when you ripped only englih and french).

Quote:
and what program will let me author using these motion menus?
DVDlab can produce great menus. Tmgpenc author also but less "pro".
05-27-2004, 01:38 PM
Free Member

iv got all the encoding done, iv had a look at this guide for using dvd to avi to rip menus with, plan to rip the menus save as mpegs then use tmpg dvd to author them laying new motion videos (chapters etc over them)
05-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Free Member

IF you want to save only frame from the menu you can do that with dvd2avi easily. I did it... twice ! After that I dropped the idea (2 hours of work per DVD !!!)