Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-12-2019, 06:49 PM
Free Member

Hi

My vocal recordings, (speech), using Windows Voice Recorder in Windows 10 V.1903, is annoying and frustrating.

I'll make a recording, and on playback, you won't hear my voice. What I will hear is a lot, and I do mean a lot, of static. So, I researched, via the Web. It took me 15 hours Saturday, by the end of which, I thought I had it fixed, where I'd make a recording, and you'd hear the recording, without any of the static.

The next morning, (without me having done a thing,) all the static came back.

I even restored the computer back to 9.30.2019. That didn't help, in the long term.

So the long and short of it is, it vacillates between a recording filled with a lot static, then 2 hours later, (honest) I can get a clear recording, and then it goes back to a recording completely filled with static again.

All categories in the Device Manager are clear of any errors. Also, I have to believe I have it configured correctly, otherwise how would I have made the clear recordings? I can tell when the recording is going to be one filled with static, because the rings around the record button will barely move. And, meter (in the Microphone properties,) is 80 to 90% filled. On a good recording, it's about 30% filled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Barking Cow
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-14-2019, 05:25 PM
Free Member

Update:

I was able to try my Sony Lavelier mic today. That recorded my voice perfectly.

So with that new info, where would you think the problem lies?

Thanks in advance,

The Barking Cow

Tags
microphone, static, voice recorder