Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-28-2008, 02:59 AM
Free Member

for some reason my computer isn't read from any of my usb ports i contect my mouse and external dvd drive but it doesn't automatically read them i even tried add them as new hardware but still won't even read them so if some can give me some advice i would really appriciate it because i can't even do any more burning until i get this issue fixed
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-28-2008, 03:18 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Part of motherboard, or on separate card?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
06-28-2008, 06:05 AM
Free Member

well i'm talking about all the usb connections in the back of my laptop
01-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

In situations like these, there's several potential problems:

1. Just reboot. The computer can sometimes get confused, especially if the BIOS or OS power safe functions are buggy interacting with the specific hardware. It may also requires a "hard" or "cold" boot, meaning you'll want to shutdown (turn power off) of the computer. Then turn it back on.

2. Find correct drivers, and try again. The drivers that were reinstalled were not correct, thus obfuscating the underlying problem pre-reinstall.

3. The ports have died. That simply happens sometimes. Computer hardware does age and give out.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.