Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-21-2010, 02:44 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

continued from PM...
Remember to ask all tech questions in the forum. Thanks!

Quote:
Hi,
I need to record a small audio sample of my voice. I guess Im a finalist for a co host of an online radio type show..and the host wants an audio clip of me...what should I buy or use for this? I've never done this before so I don't know what I'd need
You need two basic things:
  1. Microphone - plugged into functioning microphone or "audio in" port on your computer
  2. Recording software
You might already have #1 if you bought your computer ready-made. (Dell, HP, etc.) It's usually some wimpy, flimsy little wire thing. If not, go buy one. Should be low cost. Big Lots, Walmart, Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc -- everybody should have one. Nothing expensive needed, pay less than $5, maybe $10 at some stores.

You already have SoundForge, based on past conversations.
For anybody else reading this, Audacity is a good freeware option.

That's it.

And good luck.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors