Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Free Member

If you've been looking to do a build or upgrade your PC, DDR3 RAM prices have been dropping sharply for several weeks. 8GB of brand name RAM can easily be found for great prices. Check out NewEgg's various limited time deals or monitor deal sites like Ben's Bargains and SlickDeals to track prices. Without rebates, you can find good RAM for $45 pretty regularly, with $40 being a price point for special deals like a NewEgg Shell Shocker. I even saw GSkill's value line (no heat spreader like most brand name DDR3 has nowadays) hit $35 at one point. Their Ripjaw line can easily be found for $45 for 8GB.

With rebates, you can generally find RAM at a good pre rebate price that becomes a steal after the rebate. Right now one of the two day deals at NewEgg is Patriot 8GB for $48 after a coupon and then a $20 rebate for a final price of $28. I recently got a rebate from Patriot and it arrived in a reasonable enough amount of time. And, as I said, the pre rebate prices are still excellent, so it's worth a shot if you're not normally a fan of rebates.

It's too bad that RAM fluctuates in price so much, so I figured I'd post here that now is a good time to buy if you haven't been tracking prices.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

The same is true of USB2 hard drives, especially the 2TB models.
I've seen pricing fall at least $20-25 in the past month or two, due to USB3 drives. Even Walmart carries the USB3 drives!

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!