Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-16-2011, 04:34 AM
Premium Member

i got a 9 x 12 in wacom intuos 3 tablet off ebay.

so far it has been good, i use it for just about everything now, & have been using it in place of a traditional mouse & mouse pad.

I have it right up in front of my external monitor. Typing is a little awkward, I have to move my external keyboard back & forth for when I want to type at any length.

I have been using it with adobe photoshop & have done some drawing with it. Have yet to explore all its possibilities.

One thing I have noticed is the right bottom half is a bit squeaky, it is hard to describe, when I rest some of my arm, wrist & hand on it to use the input pen, it squeaks.

Is there anything I can do about this? i guess it is minor, it does not seem to affect it's function.

Also, can anyone recommend the best arrangement for it on my desk with the keyboard? right now I move the keyboard back & forth when I need to type, & move it off to the side when I need the tablet surface.

I am at an older wooden desk with a shallow pull out drawer in front.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
One of the mice here squeaks. (Haha ... the mouse squeaks ... )

After a while, you just get used to it. If nothing else, you know it's being moved, and the pitch is determined by the speed. It actually makes drawing with a mouse an audible exercise, instead of just a visual one. The only real "fix" is to chuck out the mouse and replace it. But this is a REALLY good mouse (ball based), so not easy to replace.

Buy a bigger desk. I don't have any other suggestion outside of that one.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs