Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-03-2014, 04:00 AM
Free Member

I used both OpenOffice and Kingsoft Office.

Of the two, I kind of liked Kingsoft.

What are your opinions on which is better?

regards
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-21-2014, 04:32 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
OpenOffice - quit using it when it was unavailable several years ago. Back then it was called "OpenOffice.org", which I always thought was a stupid name for desktop software. Now it's just OpenOffice, and is an Apache project, Yes, THAT Apache, as in the webserver. There was a gap of 3-4 years there when it was gone. Apparently, from what I read, the Apache version picked up where the old one stopped.

Kingsoft Office - never heard of it. I'll have to look that up sometime!

Libre Office - when OpenOffice.org went bye-bye, this took its place a few months later, and I adopted it. I still use it to this day. On my Windows systems, I use it to open the newer .___x files (.docx, etc), as I only own Office 2003, and have no desire to upgrade. On my Linux systems, I use it exclusively.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-21-2014, 05:07 AM
Free Member

Thanks. I will have a look at Libre Office.