Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Free Member

My main computer, the PSU is fried. I was switching my hard drives out so I could make space to burn stuff and when I put it back in the power supply unit apparently fried! My main computer is my desktop and that's where ALL my information is. A complete Totally Spies was there along with all my Swat Kats and Static Shock. I'm hoping that the HDDs didn't get fried either.

I don't know how to fix the PSU at all. And I probably won't be getting any work done for a long time until I can fix it.

And it just had to be October..

If anyone can help, let me know.

-AOA
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
If it was really the PSU, drives probably fine.
Just buy a new PSU.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
10-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Free Member

One more question, since I don't want to clog the forums.

Can I install an internal hard drive in a 3.5 external bay? (The Floppy Disk Bays) I've always wondered if I could or not because I have one hard drive that is just sitting there.

-AOA
10-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
You're not supposed to, but I crammed a drive in my extra floppy bay about 2 years ago. I had to take a screwdriver and hammer to the case, as the bay is smaller than the drive by a slight bit, and the screw holes don't match up. You also have to be careful about heat, make sure the drive has breathing room. My drive is only in the slot about halfway so it sticks out further into the case to get air. My case was only built with the idea of 2 hard drives, but I managed to stuff 4 into it. In addition to a floppy drive and three optical drives. One of my optical drives sucks, so I may yank it out, trash it, and then put another hard drive in it's place down the road. Or maybe use that as the breakout bay should I ever get an NLE card.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs