Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Free Member

At times like this I wish I were more of a programmer and knew about
disassemblers. I have a nice size data file from a cd rom. Inside this file somewhere are a few quicktime movies. I really thought an old app was made for this, but does anyone know of a way to extract the quicktime movies from a data file? Thanks
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Free Member

There's a lot of programs to convert the files.

Extract? I would assume. Just look for the .mov file Save to a folder of your choice.

I m not too wise with quicktime. I tend to slay clear of headaches lol
07-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Free Member

If you have Quicktime Pro theoretically you should be able to open the data files and then save the content to a new mov file or select what you want and paste it into a new player

How old is the stuff you are looking at, years like OLD Quicktime or recent?
07-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Free Member

Its more like this. I have the star wars behind the magic cd rom set. I re-transferred over my laserdisc to dvd last night (lord Smurf if you still want one let me know) and wanted to re-do the lost scenes that only appear on this cd rom as an extra. I could have (and in the end I did) run it out of my video card but I sometimes get a very faint horizontal line scroll from something in the pc interfering with it.
The file in question is like this "big.bob". The data is a 600 meg file that has everything the cd rom has to offer, not just the movies in general. To actually see in this file I would need a hex editor or something along those lines. This is why I mentioned a disassembler.
At anyrate years ago I thought an app was made that would scan data files and if it found any quicktime films it would extract them from the data for you.

Since the video card came through I no longer need that other method