Go Back   Forum > Featured > Coupons & Deals > Gadgets

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-07-2011, 06:59 AM
Free Member

After my precedent post for a cheap tablet at $89 I check a better tablet. I think I found it but it is more expensive at $168 shipped
http://www.nowsupplier.com/android-2...am-p-1413.html
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

I'd almost rather see something in the iPad-like size of 10" with similar 1024x768 resolution. Essentially an "iPad" but run with Android, and at less than half the price.

And it has to be able to display comics (CBZ files -- essentially a zip file renamed from .zip to .cbz for comic book apps).

With added benefit of working with USB sticks or some kind of memory card (SDHC, CompactFlash, or even Sony Memorystick -- something!)

Closest I see is this: http://www.nowsupplier.com/android-2...ll-p-1665.html
But are there others, for possibly less cost?

- Save money when you shop at The Digital FAQ.
- Every day, we post some of the best online deals and coupons. We have exclusive offers that you won't find anywhere else!

- Did this site help you? Then become a Premium Member and support what we do!
01-08-2011, 04:54 AM
Free Member

Be careful for iPad clone on ebay. Some have cpu Over clocked (heat problem) with bad battery.
I will check for 10" tablet but it is More expensive than 7 or 8".

for this tablet, I found a customer feedback http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal...ssion/1055356/
01-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

As the years go by, I suggest eBay less and less -- indeed, I often steer people away from eBay entirely. This would definitely be one of those times -- don't buy the various e-pads on eBay.

Nowsupplier is obviously a random Asian store of some kind (Chinese, I'd venture), but even that carries more respect that the shady shysters of a modern eBay. At least the store is trying to provide a low-cost stock of goods, and not simply trying to separate you from your money as many eBay sellers try to do. So many liars in auctions.

You link to some interesting stores, with nifty toys.

- Save money when you shop at The Digital FAQ.
- Every day, we post some of the best online deals and coupons. We have exclusive offers that you won't find anywhere else!

- Did this site help you? Then become a Premium Member and support what we do!
01-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Free Member

I bought many items on ebay but I agree with you for this kind of item and for newbie buyers. I learned with my errors and loss (good deal for the seller). For auction, I use sniper software to avoid bid too high with adrenaline and save time.

Usually I start with Asian stores very carefully with cheap items.

Tags
android 2.2, flash, mid, tablet