Go Back   Forum > Featured > Coupons & Deals > Gadgets

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Android 2.3 Tablet with 9.7 Inch IPS Capacitive Touchscreen WiFi 3D Game Cortex-A8 1GHz

SKU:CE062X
Price: $299.90 + Free Shipping

http://www.focalprice.com/CE062X/And...exA8_1GHz.html

Specs:
Model GS30
Product Type Tablet PC
CPU SamsungA8 S5PC110, ARM Cortex-A8 1GHz
OS Android 2.3, Flash 10.3
Memory 512MB, Mobile DDR
Supported Audio Format MP4, WMA, AAC, WAV, AAC+
Supported Video Format 1080P HD, MKV, AVI, RM, RMVB, 3GP, MPEG4, H.264, H.263, VC2(WMVp)
Supported Picture Format JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
Supported File Format PDF, Word, Excel, PPT
Display Diagonal Size 9.7-inch
LCD Material IPS
Multi-touch Screen Capacitive Touch/Multi-touch
Resolution 1024 (W) * 768 (H) pixels
G-sensor Support Yes
Camera Front 2.0MP
3D Game Support Yes

- Save money when you shop at The Digital FAQ.
- Every day, we post some of the best online deals and coupons. We have exclusive offers that you won't find anywhere else!

- Did this site help you? Then become a Premium Member and support what we do!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Free Member

It just uses a Samsung CPU, it's not a Samsung Tablet like a Galaxy Tab. It's impressive for a nameless Chinese tablet like this but I haven't seen any reviews and budget tablet quality varies wildly.
09-07-2011, 12:00 PM

That's definitely true.

Focal Price is one of the merchants we're hoping to forge relationships with in the near future, possibly to review items like these (for keep, for loan, or for giveaway to generate buzz for both sites). It's a good deal, for a low cost tablet, but I'm with you -- lots of unknowns. We're hoping some relationships moving forward will help un-mystery some of the mystery surrounding these "knockoff" Chinese tablets.

If you're read Japanese press much this year, Japan is scared of Chinese goods like these encroaching even there at home. Japan's tight-knit country of electronics/gadgets geeks is worried that the days of Chinese=crap are behind them. And these sorts of items are proving competition to the "legitimate" branded items. In this cases, tablets from Samsung, Apple, etc.

Look around Focal Price -- did you see the knock-off "Nintendo Lite" video games for sale? It's like a GBA + mini computer all in a handheld. If X-Brand China companies can do that, why didn't Nintendo?

- Every day, we post some of the best online deals and coupons. We have exclusive offers that you won't find anywhere else!

09-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Free Member

That would be great, as (if the battery is relatively good), this is a pretty strong mid price tablet spec-wise, so I'd love to see someone trustworthy reviewing stuff like this.

That "Nintendo Lite" is one of the odder things of that type I've seen, albeit pretty neat, especially for the price. I wonder why it only plays GBA games, though. A CPU good enough to emulate GBA could do a lot more (SNES, NES, etc) so I wonder if they put GBA hardware in there along with whatever media player guts they're using.
09-07-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
SNES, NES, etc
I bet it can. Legality on these things is probably dodgy already, so best not to rock the boat with extensive advertising of all available features. Then again, it would sell better. A portable color screen, like a Lynx or Neo Geo Pocket or PSP, that could play emulated 8-bit and 16-bit games? Maybe even 32 or 64 bit? I'd be all over that. Mario Kart 64 in my pocket on a long trip? I could handle that. Even if it was "only" SNES, or even Genesis -- $50 is worth it.

That again begs the question .. why doesn't Nintendo just do it? (Too greedy, we already know that answer.)