digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Copy DVDs, Duplicate, Replicate (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/dvd-copy/)
-   -   Dvdremake help (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/dvd-copy/1013-dvdremake.html)

manthing 02-11-2007 05:58 AM

dvdremake help

2 Attachment(s)
what i have here is a movie that i split up.
not sure what i used to split. possibly dvdfab

Attachment 217

Attachment 218

what i would like to do is to merge them back together but preserve the menus.

can someone suggest how i might do this?
is there a guide somewhere?

i already know how to merge the film and sacrifice the menus.
but if there is a way to preserve the menus, that would be great!

any ideas people.
cheers up front.

lordsmurf 02-11-2007 08:11 AM

The guys at DVDReMake have a guide for this on their site. It's a bit buried, but it's there. I've actually dealt 1-on-1 with these guys, business stuff, and they're very helpful. I've never done that exact task, but it's possible, I've seen it discussed on videohelp.com before, referring to guides found on the DVDReMake site.

Tranzor 02-14-2007 12:04 PM

ok I use dvdremake all of the time so I want to be straight on this: you have two dvds now and would like to merge both to one dvd while keeping the menus from each disc? If thats so, its super easy do this:

open both discs in dvd remakepro (like you have in the picture)
click the "tools" tab on the top of the window. Select merge disc. You will get a new window where it ask what disc you want to select. Add in project 1 and project 2 (or whatever disc you want first) hit merge. Done! remake makes a generic menu that will allow you to select either disc. You can replace the generic menu should you choose to do so

If you do not want to do that but add the pgc from one disc to the other thats easy a well. Or if you want to add the pgc to the end of another pgc (like if the main movie was split between two dvds) I can help with that to. Please be a bit more specific.

manthing 02-18-2007 06:34 PM

robot, ta for that.

i managed to join the split movie by selecting each block from the domain content view and pasting.
this allowed me to keep the original menu.

however when i came to shrink the joined movie i had problems.
dvd shrink threw up errors (division by zero) but i managed to debug it and somehow jump past the problem.

it may be that i did something wrong or the dvdremake version i have is buggy or whatever.

one question for the future ... what is the best/simplest software to split then rejoin a movie?

Tranzor 02-19-2007 11:08 AM

I still go with dvdremakepro for ease. You probably had the errors because after you add/join a pgc to another one, in the title options (for the vts title set your pgc belongs to, as well as the title set it falls under video manager)you have to add in the NEW chapters that the pgc will now contain.

In a nutshell all you would do is select "title", find the title of the video asset you need and click on it (so it is highlighted). Now right click and select the option add chapters. You will now get to add the additional chapters for the pgc you just pasted onto the end of the first one. Remember you have to do this twice. Once in the vts title set and the other under video manager.--