04-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Free Member

Hello buddy here

I got freeware from GOTD(gveawayoftheday.com) yesterday and met a prob. It says this app could copy dvd to dvd, dvd to iso. I'm not smart on format things. so who could give me some suggestion?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
What are you trying to do?
Copy a DVD?

GAOTD gives out a copy of WinX DVD software every few weeks, I think. I have two for testing purposes.
It's okay software, but really nothing special.
I can do the same thing with DVD Decrypter (or DVD Fab Decrypter) + DVD Shrink, a well-known freeware combination.

Give some more details, and I'll be glad to help.

And welcome to the site.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Free Member

Thanks lordsmurf

i just wanna make a copy of my DVD collections, and some discs were unplayable (maybe distroyed). and this product site says winxdvd Copy Pro could solve the problem.
http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-copy-pro/

Quote:
Advanced Bad sector Recover Engine - recover corrupted sectors in greatest degree while backing up badly scratched, dirty, worn and minor cracked DVDs.
that's why i got this freeware.
04-27-2011, 04:18 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Most tools that claim to "recover" anything use very basic (i.e, poor) methods to essentially try again on any failed sectors. I know that the old saying is "If at first you don't succeed -- try, try, again!" But in the world of computers, doing the same thing twice almost always results in identical results. Hence the poor nature of these sorts of tools. It's really not made for data recovery.

Read this: Guide to recovering files off CDs and DVDs

Two import programs mentioned in that guide:
  • DVD Decrypter (freeware) has a brute force retry that sometimes works, though not often. Sometimes you can simply skip the bad sectors, though that's not foolproof either.
  • ISO Puzzle (freeware) is what you want to use for recovering bad/damaged CDs and DVDs. It has a unique method of reading discs, which generally works quite well. This program does not work with copy protected discs.

If the disc is physically damaged with scratches
, you'll likely need to get it repaired. Don't further ruin it with one of those lousy home "disc fixers" (overpriced junk), but take it to a DVD rental store that is using a rebuffer machines from DiscChek, like an Eco Senior.

Don't waste time trying to re-read a scratched disc in a drive, as you'll just wear out the drive. And it usually does not work. Recovery tends to be made for non-external defects (inferior dye, decaying foils, etc).

To simply copy a DVD, use DVD Decrypter or DVD Fab HD Decrypter -- both are freeware.

If it's "too big" to fit on a DVD-R or DVD+R, copy it to a DVD+R DL or "shrink" it with DVD Shrink.
The quality of DVD Shrink will be better than the WinX programs.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
04-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Free Member

Thanks admin
I will take your suggestion, it's very useful, and also i'll keep winxdvd copy pro, for it solves my problem to some extend.