06-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Free Member

look at the attached image.

i want to replace the "still" audio menu with a new still menu as i've altered the audio choices available.

vobblanker seems to join/link the audio menu with menu 9 (49 sec runtime).
and i can't isolate the "still" audio menu in order to replace it.

so, how can i replace the existing audio menu with a new one?

thanks.

dvdmenu.JPG

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Free Member

let me explain further...

though the menu i want to change looks like a "still" menu
it is somehow part of a "vob" - ie part of a menu "video"

it could be that i could isolate this particular "frame" and exchange it for a new one?

eg VDM (v-dub mod) allows me to export every frame as a jpg. i could then replace the one particular jpg with the new picture. and then convert the jpgs to a avi (via VDM). convert the avi to mpeg2. use the mpeg2 in a dummy dvd. then finally, replace existing vob with new vob.

at least, that's the theory.

does anyone know an easier solution to my problem?
06-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
though the menu i want to change looks like a "still" menu
it is somehow part of a "vob" - ie part of a menu "video"
All menus are inside of VOB files. All audio/video content is, within the DVD-Video format.

Quote:
it could be that i could isolate this particular "frame" and exchange it for a new one?
That's a pretty decent educated guess. I'd follow this path, if needed.

Quote:
eg VDM (v-dub mod) allows me to export every frame as a jpg. i could then replace the one particular jpg with the new picture. and then convert the jpgs to a avi (via VDM). convert the avi to mpeg2. use the mpeg2 in a dummy dvd. then finally, replace existing vob with new vob.
Too much work. Womble MPEG Video Wizard would let you import the VOB as MPEG-2 + audio, and then you could simply cut/splice out the one frame with the new JPEG. However, nav data inside the VOB would be lost on re-save. How much nav data is stored in the VOB, as opposed to the IFO, when referring to the menu? (None, as best as I can recall.)

To be honest, I don't spent lots and lots of time reverse engineering DVD-Video, and what I do know, I tend to forget through the years. It's simply because I tend to be the person making DVDs, not going back and editing them. (And even if I do, I'll have access to original source files to simply re-compile the project. Or just re-author.)

I don't really know of a reliable source (person) that could give extra advice, either. You're sort of at the mercy of anybody else reading this, and willing/able to give some input. Any other digitalFAQ.com readers or members have some ideas?

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
06-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Free Member

ta for that.
will look into womble.
06-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Free Member

ok i have to apologise to everyone.
i had a brain freeze.

basically, it is a "still" menu.
and using vobblanker, i can drill down to that "element" and drag & drop my new "still" menu to replace it.

then i used pgcedit to move the menu buttons around to reflect the new menu option.

so job done and case closed.