09-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Free Member

I'm having a problem copying some DVDs with ImgBurn. I've tried to copy these 2 different DVDs on my 2 seperate computers, using DVD Shrink on both computers, and neither one is working.

On one computer, it tries for a few seconds, then an error comes up that says Data Reduncy Cyclic Error, or something like that, and on my other computer, it's not even being recognized in the burner. I try to open the disc in DVD Shrink, and it says no disc is even in there. There's always a green light on in front of the Burner when a DVD is in it, and as I have the DVD in, the light isn't even on.

What can I do about this? I'm trying to copy these for a friend, so I really need to get them done. Is there another way I can try it?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

(1) Don't try to read physical DVDs in DVD Shrink.
(2) ImgBurn cannot be uses to read commercial (non-homemade) DVDs.
(3) If you get this error on homemade DVDs, then the original disc may have read errors. Try to read with ISO Puzzle instead.

Search the forum for ISO Puzzle download attachment.

There's also a chance that your DVD burner drive is dying. Remember that these drives only last a few thousand hours, which often equates to just 2-5 years at most. That's true of all DVD players, DVD recorders, DVD-ROMs, DVD burners, etc. The laser assemblies simple go out after some amount of time. They weaken over time, then eventually seize up and quit altogether. Harder-to-read media have issues first: RW, RAM and DVD+R DL. Then write-once -R/+R. Then pressed discs. CD may or may not be affected.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
09-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Free Member

It's not a homemade DVD, it's a commercial DVD with copyright protection on it. I don't think the DVD burner is dying, I had just used it minutes before on a few other DVDs, and i said, the two dvds are from the same series of dvds, and neither one worked in either of my 2 computers.

What's ISO puzzle? is that some kinda program I can try to use to copy these?
09-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Quote:
it's a commercial DVD with copyright protection on it.
You'll have to use DVDFab or AnyDVD.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: Superstar (09-12-2012)
09-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Free Member

Thanks! DVDFab fixed the problem.