01-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
This is what happens when you use outdated or inferior DVD copying software, when shrinking discs. Or when you try to do other things on the computer while shrinking (like burning, playing games, etc).

startrekvoycrap1.jpg

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

startrekvoycrap2.jpg

To avoid garbage like this, use something like DVD Shrink 3.2 with Deep Analysis (and preferably enable the AEC for Smooth or Max Smooth), or maybe DVD2One 1.4 or higher. And for pete's sake, remember to disable PUOs when making the copy (found in settings in DVD Decrypter), so that you can skip to the menu when you put the disc in.

And if any of you out there think this error is minor, remember these are only stills shown here. When viewed on screen, in full motion, these glitches occupy several seconds of time, and look like alien spazoids have invaded your tv set. They are extremely distracting, almost makes you want to quit watching the show.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Free Member

I don't know about using DVD2One V2 which is the latest release, I'm still testing it. DVD2One 1.52 is the one I've had the best results on. I can usually burn a disc to my harddrive in 20 minutes with DVD2One, but Shrink with all the stuff you recommend could take two hours.