digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Author, Make Menus, Slideshows, Burn (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/dvd-menus/)
-   -   How to copy and paste in Photoshop (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/dvd-menus/1624-how-copy-paste.html)

admin 10-21-2009 05:02 AM

How to copy and paste in Photoshop

I've been asked a really easy question about copying one image (a JPEG from the web) into a PSD Photoshop template for a DVD menu...

Quote:

A few days ago when we you logged into my computer, and you made me that test template, how did u get the new picture on there? What we did was, load up the original one u made and then you somehow replaced the first pic with another one...I thought you just dragged and dropped it, but when I just tried to do that it didn't work that way, it brought the new pic up in a windows box, so, how do I bring a new pic into the original template u made me so I can make a new menu?
The drag and drop part was me dropping both the JPEG and the PSD into Photoshop. After both images are opened, I copied the JPEG, and then pasted into the PSD.

Go to the "Marquee Selection" tool -- that dotted lines box on the tool bar on the left -- and click in the JPEG. Go to "Select" and click "Select All." Copy with CTRL+C on keyboard or go to EDIT > COPY.

Click on PDF template. Paste. The selection you copied is now pasted into the new image on its own separate layer. Go to "Edit" then "Free Transform" to resize and reposition the image on the canvas. Click a corner to not stretch the image.

NOTE: There's quite a few tutorials online, if you need a click-by-click.
Google search: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...e+in+photoshop

Superstar 10-21-2009 08:53 PM

Thanks for the guide. Once I erase all the background, how do I lock that in as the new image? Does it automatically do that, or is there something that I have to do immediately after I erase the background around the pic to lock it in as the way that I want it?
Also, how do I de-select the tool after I'm done with it?
Also, to change the color from the maroon color that you made me originally, how do I do that?

admin 10-22-2009 12:47 PM

YOU don't have to "lock" anything. What you see is what you get.

Change to the marquee tool or hand tool.

Change color hues under IMAGE > HUE/SATURATION. Move the hue slider left or right. I'd not touch brightness or contrast on this template. The saturation may need to go up a little, or down a little, depending on the hue you pick. There's no right or wrong here, so don't ask for one -- just use eyes and best judgment here.

Superstar 12-10-2009 02:45 PM

The last 2 pics that I've loaded into PS to resize them for my menus don't bring up the free transform option...all the other pics I've brought into PS has had that option there, but for some reason the last 2 different pics that I've brought in don't let me have the free transform option, why is that and how can I get it back?

admin 12-10-2009 02:50 PM

Images need to be on a new layer on the menu template.

Superstar 12-10-2009 02:52 PM

Well, before I even open the image, I click new, put in the 720 pixels by 540 pixels then make the other option 72...then open the pic..ctrl + a, ctrl + c, and ctrl + v to put it in the new menu option..is that what u mean?
I've never had this prob b4, the free transform has always been there and i'm doing the same thing i've always done

admin 12-11-2009 02:23 PM

I don't know. Either you've done something wrong, or the program glitched up on your. Reboot and start over.

Superstar 12-11-2009 06:11 PM

What could I be doing wrong? I'm doing the same thing that I've always done, it's always worked, I've never had this problem before. I just tried to open 2 more pictures and neither of those worked..the free transform option is gone now on every picture I try to open, it's happened on like 5 different pictures in a row now..

admin 12-11-2009 11:00 PM

If you can add new layers, then it means the image is in RGB color mode, not indexed color.
If you can't add new layers, then something is wrong. Go to LAYER > NEW LAYER and see if you can manually make a new layer.

FREE TRANSFORM only works on layers, not backgrounds. Also be sure you're only the layer you want to alter, not a background layer or text layer.