11-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Read my comments below the image. -admin

footage-firm-piece.jpg

What Is It?

The video stock house FootageFirm is giving away looping backgrounds. Backgrounds like these are often used in professional video editing and DVD/Blu-ray authoring. Use these backgrounds to make your videos and DVD/Blu-ray menus look better than ever.

Anybody that makes DVDs/Blu-ray from "home movie" type content, either for themselves or for customers, should have some stock on hand. It's a quick and easy way to make attractive motion menus for wedding videos, sports videos, etc. They're even nice on hobby projects, like recorded TV.

Where Do I Get It?

To get your copy, simply visit them online at http://www.footagefirm.com/free-hd-l...-backgrounds-4

Is It Really "FREE"?

Yes, sort of. It's free in that you're not having to buy the backgrounds. All they ask is $8.41 per disc, which pays for the shipping and probably the cost of pressing the discs. You get a free product, but without it bankrupting them. I think it's a fair request. You won't find backgrounds this nice for free anywhere else, be it for download, as a template in your authoring software, or included as a "free DVD" in a $10-20 magazine in a store.

Why Are They Doing This Giveaway?

They just want you to remember them, for your future video needs. While a lot of video professionals know of them in various circles, they want broader brand recognition. Get to know them, get to know their product. Tell your friends and colleagues about what you got, and how you liked it.

Is This Spam?

No way. Rarely will digitalFAQ.com suggest a product or service on our site in this manner, but this is an unusually good offer. It's not often that you can get professional stock for free. While FootageFirm did contact us to help spread the word, we would have rejected them, had it been a shoddy product.

Product Details:
Quote:
  • This stock footage collection contains 25 high definition (and standard definition) motion background video clips that loop seamlessly and work with all computers and editing systems.
  • The clips in this collection contain alpha mattes, so that these effects can be placed on top of your video (much like green screen). So you can add these effects onto to any video!
  • Clips are provided on the DVD in HD format (1920x1080p resolution), as well as standard definition format (720x486 widescreen resolution) at 30fps.
  • The HD clips are compressed in QuickTime H.264 and Photo-JPEG formats. The SD clips come in DV AVI and DV QuickTime formats.
  • Buyers may use the footage in all types of media, for worldwide distribution, royalty free, forever. There are never any additional fees. (A license is provided on the DVD)
NOTE: That's probably a mistake on their site. I bet that should be MJPEG (Motion JPEG) for the HD, and then 720x480 and not 720x480 for the SD resolution.

Go get one!

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors