05-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Free Member

i would like to replace the menu to an existing movie with my own.

my questions are:

1) how to do this?
2) what is the easiest way of doing this?

i know i can extract the video and audio from the movie, place those into a dvd authoring application and create a new dvd with my menu from that.

but i'm worried that when i extract the video from the dvd, i may lose some quality - ie lower bitrate on extraction by mpeg editor?

which app can extract the video without loss of quality?

alternatively, is there some software that will allow me to swap the existing menu for my new menu?

thanks.

-- merged --

in the end, i used pgcdemux to extract the video & audio. then created my own menu and authored my own dvd.

might still learn how to swap menus one day.

but for now, this case is closed.

ta.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-12-2018, 05:17 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
That was really your only option. There's no way to in-place swap out a movie/video/title. At best, you can extract all the assets (menu images, menu audio, motion menu video clips, etc), and then try to reauthor as close as possible.

Ulead DVD Workshop 2, or your favorite DVD-Lab, helps for this. You need non-basic tools.

Same goes for modern Blu-ray.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: hdfills (03-26-2019)