digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Author, Make Menus, Slideshows, Burn (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/dvd-menus/)
-   -   Tsunami DVD MPEG Pro help, audio stream missing? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/dvd-menus/792-tsunami-dvd-mpeg.html)

fortunec00kie 04-20-2006 09:41 PM

Tsunami DVD MPEG Pro help, audio stream missing?

Hello

I am trying this new authoring program. I used to use TDA and thought i would check this out. However when I go to make a disc I get this error:

Type

Standard audio stream missing.

The track XXX does not include an audio stream conforming to the DVD-Video standard.

NTSC DVD-Audio streams must be at least in Dolby Digital or Linear PCM format. Use the track settings to convert the MPEG-1 Audio Layer II audio into Dolby Digital and avoid this error from reappearing.

Why this error occurred and how to fix it?

The DVD-Video standard (NTSC) used in the North American or Japan regions requires the audio track is in Dolby Digital® or Linear PCM.

Most of the video capture cards or computers able to record a TV program encode the audio in MPEG-1 Audio Layer II (mp2), however this format does not exist in DVD-Video standard for NTSC.

Usually, a DVD-Video with a MPEG-1 Audio Layer II audio track is fully usable in most of the DVD-Video deck, however some DVD-Video deck or car video players may not support such disc.

Some home theatre system offer the option to convert the MPEG audio into Linear PCM, allowing to playback non-standard disc.

My audio is in MPEG-1 Audio Layer II format. How can I fix this? What the heck is PCM? My capture settings are from digitalfaq.com and have never had a problem with TDA. There is an option to re-encode the audio but should I do this? and if so what settings should be used for Linear PCM audio?

If anyone can help that would be great.
Thanks

padre2 04-21-2006 12:11 AM

I use TDA Pro 1.6, and I use MPEG1 for almost every dvd I author. My PVRs encode the audio as mpeg1 (which is fine with me, uses less space). Under the TDA settings, I use "Automatic(Audio Stream 1 only) for the Stream Configuration, and "Automatic (Smart rendering)" for the Audio Output settings. The result is a dvd with mpeg audio.

You may also want to check the default settings, so it doesn't give you any grief. Go to Option, Preferences, Default settings. Uncheck the "Use the settings below as defaults for audio output"

lordsmurf 04-21-2006 01:04 AM

I don't know what happened there. MPEG Layer II audio is not an officially supported format but it works anyway because virtually all DVD player MPEG decoder chipsets decode MPEG audio too, not just video data.

I really cannot stand TDA, so many bugs and issues. I use Ulead DVD Workshop 2 these days.

padre2 04-21-2006 01:34 AM

Yeah, it's funny, some standalone dvd players won't play the MPEG audio unless you enable the feature (some obscure button or menu setting). I've only run into 1 person in the last 5 years who's dvd player wouldn't decode the audio. Not bad.

fortunec00kie 04-21-2006 02:12 AM

Thanks for the help guys, I will try this out when I get home and see what happens. Just thought I would try out the new program to make a sample disc of the Kung Fu The Legend Continues set I am making and see how it turns out.

cp32 04-21-2006 12:45 PM

Do you have the ac3 plug in for TDA Pro? I m not sure if it comes bundled with it or not..
1.5 & 1.6 you had to get it seperately.

Tranzor 04-21-2006 04:19 PM

are you making sure that your audio is at 4800hz and not 44100hz which is not dvd standard. This could also be causing your issue.

cp32 04-23-2006 05:42 PM

If you have a zenith dvd player. You do have to option to select what bitrate you want to play your audio as 41 or 48 :P