06-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Free Member

scratching my head again.

you know on some dvd menus, you move your pointer/cursor over the text, yet the text doesn't highlight or anything, but an invisible button appears next to the text.

and when you click the text, the selected option plays.

well, how do you do that?

in dvd workshop 2 or in dvd lab pro please.

cheers.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Example?
I'm afraid I'd have to see this one.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
06-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Free Member

I have never used dvd workshop 2 or in dvd lab pro but i would assume it is similar to this way I use for TDA. Use a menu that has thumbnails, then change the thumbnail frame and picture to the button you have created. Using photoshop the button can be filled clear and saved. Then when you highlight it shows the highlight color thru the clear image you created. so in fact the thumbanils are always there on the menu just invisible and they show up when highlighted.
06-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Free Member

GreenRanger1 is really good at Invisble Buttons. His PR PSD are WOW!
06-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Free Member

An example of mine can be seen here.
http://taekwondo.08.free.bm/publicgr...ekwondo-08.jpg
the yin-yang next to the word Play All is invisible when not selected, like next to the 3 tracks listed.
06-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Free Member

fortunec00kie, that's exactly what i'm looking for.

still puzzled about how when you hover over the text, eg the "play all" text bit, the yin/yang appears?

what is the command/option in TDA to make the yin/yang button show when you hover the cursor over the text?

or rather than explaining step-by-step, what's is the jargon to look for? then i can read up by myself.

again thanks for your help.
06-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Free Member

ummm it is not really a command....when you make a menu from TDA you can choose one of their templates or make your own. when making your own you have certain track selection options, ie 6 tracks no thumbnails, 8 tracks with thtumbnails, which set of buttons to use etc. just make sure you choose an option with thumbnails (without frames). once you do that then you have the tracks listed with the box next to them where the clip of the show normally plays. well under the Edit Theme option in the menu creation process you can right click on these boxes and choose the image to use for them instead of plain old boxes (in my case I chose the "clear" yin-yang picture i created in photoshop) now when you are watching the dvd instead of highlighting the box to choose your track to watch it highlights your invisible button. I hope this is clear enough for you to figure it out, if you have any questions let me know. I also know Allaboutduncan can help you out to maybe he can explain it better then I can. he also has some tutorials for TDA on his website. I used them as a guide.
Good luck
06-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Free Member

ahhhhhh ... i think i've got hold of this, at least in my mind. will test this out when i get home tonight.

cheers and bona furtuna to you.
06-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Site Staff | Video

Anything that can be done in TDA, can be done in DVDWS2, and often it's easier to boot. Unfortunately, I just don't understand what you want. You'd need to tell me an example I could look at, or make me a quick image in Photoshop to illustrate the desired menu.

06-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Free Member

LS, look at http://taekwondo.08.free.bm/publicgr...ekwondo-08.jpg

that yin/yang button only "appears/shows" when you put your cursor/pointer over the text.

so when you move the cursor over "initiation part 1" text field, the yin/yang will "disappear" from "play all" and "appear" next to "initiation part 1".

then if you move cursor to "initiation part 2" text field, it will disappear from "initiation part 1" and show up next to "initiation part 2" and so on.

(you can additionally hover the cursor over the yin/yang symbol and it will also show up. but this is "normal" invisble button in dvd wksp 2)

finally, when you click the text, the appropriate episode will play, but i don't want the text field to be highlighted.

so to summarise, you can move the cursor over the text, but the text won't highlight, only the yin/yang bullet will show. as you move to the next text field, the former yin/yang will disappear and the new one will show. finally, when actually clicking the text field, don't want the text to do a highlight "action" but simply play the movie.

i could not find this when i was hunting around dvd wkshp2. looking for this on google didn't help either. and i don't know the exact jargon/keyword to look for.

LS, hopefully you will see what i'm trying to do. if not, i'll post some images when i get home.

ccccccccchhhhhhhhhheeeeeerrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssss
06-22-2006, 01:13 AM
Site Staff | Video

That's just an invisible icon highlight with the color changed. DVDWS has these templated, I've used the music notes one before on a concert DVD I made for somebody.

In the TV DVD player, you don't know any better. On the computer, you can hover the mouse over the text itself and the icon appears out to the side. The actual icon is a plain invisible bar or even the text itself, and then the highlight is what lights up for you to see.

Highlights are separate layers from the icons, you can put them wherever you want, though most appear directly on top of the icon because that's what people want to do.

06-22-2006, 01:21 AM
Free Member

if i'm asking a dumbo question ... forgive me ...

so lets say i have a text field.
i then place a bullet next to the text field.
i then make the bullet invisble.

now how do i get the highlight to work such that when i hover the cursor over the text, the bullet is highlighted?

i know how to make bullets invisible in dvd wksp2. i also know how to highlight them, but only if the mouse is directly over the bullet.

i just couldn't see how to highlight the bullet when the cursor is over the text.

any ideas?