08-21-2006, 03:28 AM
Free Member

Is it possible to link a small sound clip to selection button?

I want it so when you highlight the button. Yes, I finally figured it out You hear a sound clip from the show. When highlighting the button. How do I do this ??? Or is it possible ???
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Free Member

Uh, I'm guessing you can do this with auto-select making various menus of virutally the same thing but having it play a different tune at the beginning and then begin the background music. This takes a very long time to do, and it's not really worth it either. But if you want to know I'll explain more on it.

-AOA
08-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Free Member

you can using that method, but the auto-select feature is choppy at best. I was going to use it for a menu design, but it just looked horrible, and I scrapped it after the initial test run. Its not a smooth unnoticable switch, it jumps and takes some time to do so...I wouldnt use this option personally.
08-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Free Member

Well gee thanks guys That was loads of help

Still does not answer my question. I know how to add Background music etc. AOA Your fired No wonder our song hit the crapper.

I want each button you select your episode to play a piece of music.

For example: PILOT > when highlighted The highlight image itself will contain an audio clip.

I thought about taking 10 second worth of vid, join it with a sound sample. make a custom video highlight image. But last attempt didnt work.

So would you sweet guys tell how to do what I m wanting to do. Not what wont work. I m reeeeeeeeeally good at not making things work.
I ve mastered it to a Profession -- So how about what will work.

How to do it
08-23-2006, 04:59 AM
Free Member

cp32 i've been trying to do that myself, but i think it only works for the background music only. i too have not been successful in that department.

But I did find a program which you can create a audio dvd - http://www.audio-dvd-creator.com/

this is something i want to do for my PR extras project, i am going to download this myself and try it out to see what works. So your best bet would be to download it and try it out yourself.
08-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Free Member

I may be missing something but this is very easy to do. Just have it duplicate the same menu . So for example you have menu "A" with 4 buttons. If you have it as auto select, when you select button 1, you have it jump to a duplicate menu (lets say menu B) with just the music from button 1 playing as the background music. Likewise, if you go to button 2 repeat the process. It is timely but easy enough to pull off. I have done this with a few things (though using dvd Maestro) butthe same process can be used in Ulead

Of course if you really wanted to simplify it. Instead of auto select, just give the option to listen to the clips and then select them that way
08-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Yes, and the buttons auto-select the next menu EXCEPT the button of the episode you're on. This is hard to explain, but easy as heck to do.

Multiple menus, moving the arrow auto-selects a new identical menu, but with a different background audio track. When you are ON the button, you have to ENTER on the remote to make it happen. Or move to another button that auto-selects the next identical (except for the audio) menu.

Does that make sense or are you drooling on the keyboard now cp?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
08-24-2006, 02:59 AM
Free Member

Thats not what I want to do at all lol I dont want background music LMAO! I want each button when highlighted to play different clips. Not the back ground audio.....lol I got the menu BGM etc.. Dont want or need that lol YOUR BUTTON > Episode 8 ( when highlighted plays audio clip) ep9 ( plays different clip) Not the music for the menu lol . The button .. Button button button button button button button button...

I m not doing audio dvd. Re doing video . I want the episode titles itself to play sound different clips per episode title.

I give up..... No one is understanding what I m saying lol

Figure out something else lol
08-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Free Member

hey CP,
this is where you are not getting it, by making the duplicate menu, the user has no clue the menu is changing (since it is the same menu). So in their eyes the audio is changing each time you select a different button. Using the audio that you want as the bg menu music does this "trick" for you
08-29-2006, 07:47 AM
Free Member

I finally got the highlight image all figured out. YAY!!!

08-30-2006, 01:53 AM
Free Member

I re did video If the video quality was better. I d say it's the closest thing you ll find to retail quality. Not to blow smoke out my rear. I did a heck of job on it. 2 weeks and 2 days. First 3 times . It was nice. Not good enough. Vol .1 Standard menu , text, highlight images, sub menu -episode listing to select from from. Each menu with BGM, Special features - Memorbilla

Vol 2 & 3 are slightly different.

I did it a little on the cheesey side. -- is a cheesey show

I ll have to send a sample for approval lmao!
08-30-2006, 03:27 AM
Free Member

so does the music play when the button is highlighted or does does the viewer actually have to select the episode?

What I mean is if I am watching this DVD and the menu comes up, I highlight the episode I want, does the music play automatically or do I have to hit "enter" which takes me to another identical menu with the same button highlighted and music playing, then press "enter" again to watch the episode?

Example: Menu> highlight episode button> press Enter> Identical menu> same button highlighted w/music> Press enter to watch episode

If this is the case, is there a way to do it without the viewer pressing enter to take him/her to an identical menu?

Can he/she just highlight a specific button and have the music play? then press enter 1 time to play the specific episode?
08-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Free Member

Nope , Different menus on all. Gets boring seeing the same image for submenu used from the Main menu. At least I think so.

Main Menu has theme music when displayed. As for the each sub menu. All different images. Main menu has Custom image > PLay ALL button

and Episode button > Which when Selected

takes you to submenu > Different Custom Background to select from episode titles. Instead of thumbnails Or Play all button Some people prefer to play their favorite episodes. They can go to Episode menu select for example > Music's in Me ( Highlight) > plays the episode.

Special Feature Button > takes you to another Custom Menu Which is filled with all images of Memorbilla . That I could find that was associated with show .

What I have done is pretty good. My problem I ran into. Fonts.

Although looked great on the monitor looked like Dog crap on the Tv.

Basic Impact Fonts were clear easy on the eyes with light blue shadow.

I ll take some screen caps post tommorow
08-31-2006, 06:12 AM
Free Member

Okay, the highlight image audio link thing is drivng me crazy. There has to be a way of doing it ! To simplify what I want to do.

That feature. When selected with highlight image . You hear different sound clip per title. Not per menu lol .

I tried several ways. No luck yet. Any ideas??? I even tried taking first frame of mpge which is black. Linked with custom audio clip . I took from the show. Works in a way. The problem is ....you cant jump to the episode using that method.. Really tickin me off now.

I emailed Ulead tech support. There has got to be a way of doing.

I even tried adding 2 different audio tracks assign them to each button. That dont work. Only assigns audio track for background.

Clang your heads together. It's a quest now. I want the Fargin the ANSWER!!!
09-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Free Member

I got my answer. After emailing Ulead tech support. They say that feature is not supported. Will not be part of DWS3 if ever released lol Which tells me BULL. I say it can be done. How many times were you told by tech support no. Only to find another way of doing it.
09-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Free Member

Well, I hope DWS3 will eventually give us more options, but DWS2 gives us a lot already.

-AOA
09-08-2006, 06:30 AM
Free Member

No matter how I blended . It was way too bright

I checked this as a desktop. I think it will be okay color wise. Just not as fancy as the other I found a differen't image. Curled the edges little blur & noise to give it an old look... I 'm stumped....

revisedmerlinam1.jpg

Picking a good clear fantasy font is a pain. They either look too fuzzy . Or not visible enough to read

I chose Wolf's Bane Font on this one. Hoping it will be good on screen too.

09-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
You spell DISC with an "i"

I have no idea what you're trying to do. It looks fine to me.
But why do you have the shadows in different places on each title?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs