digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Web Hosting (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/web-hosting/)
-   -   How to disable daily 'Plesk Scheduler notification' server emails (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/web-hosting/2658-how-disable-daily.html)

kpmedia 12-13-2010 08:08 AM

How to disable daily 'Plesk Scheduler notification' server emails

2 Attachment(s)
After setting up a new Windows 2008 IIS7 dedicated server with Plesk 9.x two months ago, I started to get daily emails from the machine. Sometimes the messages landed in my inbox, and sometimes they were diverted into a spam folder. It was a nuisance that I didn't have time to solve until this weekend.

Note that I've redacted identifiable information with repeating 'X' or 'x' when needed.

This is the email:
Quote:

Subject: The Plesk Scheduler notification

User: XXXXXXXX\Plesk Administrator
Running task: C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\php.exe -q -dauto_prepend_file="" -c php.ini "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\DailyMaintainance \script.php"
Started: Sun Dec 12 01:20:00 2010
Ended successfully: Sun Dec 12 02:02:29 2010
What I didn't much care for was the fact that email generated by this server was going into the spam folder. Having emails sent to your ISP email or free email (Yahoo, Gmail, etc) go directly into the spam folder is not ideal. In fact, it's terrible.

A look at the header revealed that the message completely bypassed the server's designated MTA, instead going through a Windows service first on its trip through cyberspace:
Quote:

Received: from xxxxxxxxx ([127.0.0.1]) by xxx.com with MailEnable ESMTP; Sun, 12 Dec 2010 02:02:30 +0200
thread-index: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx==
Thread-Topic: The Plesk Scheduler notification
To: "Plesk Administrator" <xxx@xxx.com>
Subject: The Plesk Scheduler notification
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 02:02:29 +0200
Message-ID: <xxxxxxxx>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
Importance: normal
Priority: normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6002.18263
So to stop this nonsense from going any further, I disabled the email notification. Although the Parallels forum has some instructions on how to do this, it appears to be outdated, written during the days of Plesk 7 or Plesk 8 server control panel, and it's not exactly the same.

In Plesk Panel 9, go to Home in the sidebar main menu and then go to the Scheduled Tasks under the Server section. An obvious setting will be on the next screen, and you can choose to "Do not send" any more notices. See the images below.

Attachment 1102

Attachment 1103

... and that's it. No more nuisance emails. If this has helped you, login and hit the THANKS button. :)

sudhakar 12-18-2011 08:48 PM

Thanks

As said, in plesk they have outdated drafts.

thanks and it worked for me, since i searched all around the plesk server for long. :cool:

kpmedia 12-19-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudhakar (Post 18494)
As said, in plesk they have outdated drafts.
thanks and it worked for me, since i searched all around the plesk server for long.

Thanks for posting your feedback. :thumb:

Sometimes I'll post quick tips like this, and after some time has passed with no replies, I wonder if anybody is actually reading them and finding the information helpful. Sure, I can read traffic stats and analytics, but that's nowhere near as satisfying as having a person actually make some comments. As long as I know folks like yourself are benefiting from this sort of information, I'll keep writing it.