Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Sometimes clicking on the Enable button in WHM does nothing, when trying to enable Shell Fork Bomb Protection (SFBP). SFPB is, to quote cPanel's official documentation, a feature that "will prevent users with terminal access (SSH or Telnet) from using up the system’s resources and potentially crashing your web server via a malicious attack known as a fork bomb."

In order to enable Shell Fork Bomb Protection, the /etc/profile file must be editable. Enter this into root to check the write status:
Code:
lsattr /etc/profile
If the file has -i on it, then it will need to be made mutable to be edited for this service. Type this into shell to make that change:
Code:
chattr -i /etc/profile
As per cPanel staff @ http://forums.cpanel.net/f34/i-cant-...on-224071.html

/ Note to self.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors