Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Videography: Cameras, TVs and Players

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-02-2019, 02:25 PM
Free Member

Somewhat recently I acquired a JVC BR-S522DXU ($50 from a re-use store), and it seems to work pretty well. It appears to have rack rail screw holes on the side, but my Google-fu has failed me and I have been unable to find a part number or a lead to follow. It almost feels like they don't exist, except that a similar model lists rackmount support at the bottom of the page

Does anyone know the part number of the rack rails for this product, or a place that might have them? Alternatively, is there a server or SAN/DAS rail where the screw holes just happen to line up? I'm honestly not even sure where to start asking this question, but this forum came up multiple times when searching for info about this VCR series so I figured it'd be a decent place to start. If there is a better place to ask this question, please let me know

I'm an avid homelabber, so I'm familiar with rack mount IT gear, but I'm not as familiar with rack AV gear.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-08-2019, 06:31 AM
Free Member

FWIW: if you are reasonably handy with basic tools such as hacksaw, files, and drills you can build a rack mount adapters using common materials from places like Home Depot such as aluminum angle and strap. I've use that method for gear such as tape decks and amps that were not designed as rack mount.

Tags
jvc br vcr