Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Videography: Cameras, TVs and Players

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Free Member

Yes, your DV-09 has the same problem as mine, I have been using mine every nights so far since I got it about two weeks ago, really great pictures and sound.
Look real close at your soldering works with magnifying glass to make sure you did not create any solder bridges, then enloy your machine again.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Free Member

By the way, the easiest to remove the old fuse is to cut the lead at the top of the fuse, then it will be easier to remove one lead at a time from the board.
05-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Free Member

thanks!! i just pulled the bad fuse yesterday. it probably would have been a little easier had i removed it as you advised, but i found it easy enough anyway.

i pulled it, one lead at a time, with a precision pliers, while heating the solder join of the lead i was pulling.

the part came right out, in one piece, leaving clean holes behind.

the new one should come today. i should have it in and soldered down inside a minute.

one thing though; do these PICOs have a specific -/+ side? i don't believe that they do myself, but, as an amateur tech just beginning to learn the most basic ropes, i feel i should know for certain from someone who does.

thanks for all your help so far; it has been indispensable, really. you came out of nowhere a week ago and have completely saved my ass with this thing.

i bought this thing off EBAY about two years ago, and paid a premium for it ($400.00+ship.) due to it's immaculate cosmetic condition and utter completeness.

i was utterly horrified when it flicked out about six/eight months ago, in the middle of playing a rental movie back. i had to dismantle it down to the transport in order to get the disc out, all the while observing the electronics for any obvious sign of fault.

i had pretty much figured that it was a power supply related issue, almost from the start, but had no idea how or where to start, so i stewed on it for months, waiting for either a good time to take it in to the shop, or another DV-09 with a good PSU at a reasonable price to show up on the BAY.

then i dropped by here, and, you know what happened.

anyway, i'll probably be back here today, with good news of a fully restored DV-09! take care 'till then!!

Catch the Spirit of a True ΩPIONEER
05-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Free Member

No polarity for the fuse, it just a piece of conductor that will melt open when the current is too high for it to handle.
I pots a alot at FIXYA.COM, budmrtn, and post a lot of pictures at Photobucket.com, budm.
I fix just about anything that are plugged into the wall, I do it just for fun and to help out other people as well.
I do the design works during the day.
05-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Free Member

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...ED5-16-113.jpg

SUCCESS!!

she came straight back to life!!

hell, i quickly plucked a disc of the shelf to test it with, and it just happened to be my ADV FILMS copy of the 1985 Anime OAV "MEGAZONE 23" (part 1) and the player, even after many moths of sitting cold, actually REMEMBERED the "LAST MEMO" memory marker that i had placed about 3/4 of the way into the show the first time i had watched it, and had to turn it off and go to town!!

i was unable to figure out how erase the marker when i went to finish the program, and forgot to look into how to do it, so here that marker has stayed all this time, in memory to this day!!

one last thing i have to ask you, BudM; in the service manual, it says that one might have to reload the player's native region code, and that it would be written to FLASH-ROM.

i have NO problem with my player concerning that, but i do have a question; might it be possible to load an ALL REGION code set into the DV-09?

the only reason i'd really have to do this is if i ever wanted to buy and playback Japanese-market Anime DVDs, such as the Japan only (at present, and likely to stay that way) "Mamotte Shugogetten" OAV series, pretty much anything from the "MACROSS" series, and several others.

it's really not all THAT big of a deal, at least for me, but i just thought it would be cool to render my US market copy of what is, to me, the best DVD player ever made, fully region free and able to play any NTSC DVD the world over.

at any rate, thank you so very kindly, BudM...

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...ED5-16-111.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...ED5-16-112.jpg

05-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Free Member

That is great news, you just save yourself over $100 in repair bill snd learn a lot at the same time. I do not have any service manual for this model so I do not know about thing about any firmware you can update or change it into multi-region mode, I would take real caution about any firmware out there, it can make your DV-09 into a door stop.
The following users thank Budm for this useful post: Tasuke (05-17-2011)
05-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Free Member

ah. could the same happen with a BLU-RAY player?

i've had my eyes on either the PIONEER BDP-05FD or the TOTL BDP-09FD, waiting for the rapidly plummeting prices on the second hand market to reach a level i can pay, and i understand that pretty much all BR players require occasional firmware updates, usually from a downloadable file on the mfr's website.

does this possibly mean that mfrs. will be rendering their BRPs handicapped every couple-three years in order to encourage upgrades?

05-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Free Member

So far, the BLUERAY has to to have firmware up to date to play some newer released movie, I see too many complaint about not able to play the movie unless the firmware is updated, feel bad for people who does not know anything about firmware or know how to update them, they just want to play movies!
The following users thank Budm for this useful post: Tasuke (05-17-2011)
05-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Free Member

yeah, i've heard plenty about that.

while i could get the BDP-05FD off the BAY, brand new, an $800.00 player a couple-three years ago, for about $350/400 these days, i'm in no hurry for BR, so i can wait.

i don't even have an HD monitor, and by the time i finally get one, i wouldn't be surprised to be able to find a BDP-09FD, PIONEER's TOTL BR equivalent of the DV-09, for the same relative low price that the 05FD is running for today...

05-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Free Member

By the way, you said you have the service manual, is it in PDF format, I would like to have a copy of it if possible, thanks.
The following users thank Budm for this useful post: Tasuke (05-18-2011)
05-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Free Member

no, it is an original copy ordered directly from PIONEER.

my copy must must've been one of the last in stock, as not too long after i ordered it, PIONEER PARTS listed the SM as NLA, which it has remained to this day, i just checked;

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...?modelNum=DV09

i do not know where you might find a PDF, but i found one for the SM for my PIONEER PD-91 CDP, which is a LOT harder to find, so i figure a DV-09 PDF has got to be out there somewhere, likely for free, too, as that is how i came by my PD-91 copy...

05-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Thanks Budm, for helping Tasuke with this issue.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: Tasuke (05-24-2011)
05-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Free Member

Glad to help and able to solve the problem.
The following users thank Budm for this useful post: Tasuke (05-24-2011)
03-31-2015, 01:21 PM
Free Member

does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with a DV-09 with no panel display lights? I clicked the FL/dimmer button multiple times by using my harmony remote, so I don't think it's that. I get video and audio with no problem.

Thanks in advance.