08-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Free Member

Hello all!

I have looked and looked and can't find any info on compatible glasses for my 3D blu ray player which I want to view 3D movies on.

The set up I'm wanting to run is currently

LG BDH9000 (3d) Blu Ray Player
going straight into a
Optoma HD142x DLP 1080p Full HD Projector
via a V2 Hdmi cable.

I spark up the 3D blu ray - the projector asks me if I want to switch to 3D mode. I click yes.

The movie menu starts. It gets to the menu and there seems to be 0% difference between having the glasses on, or off. The double image is still there.

My question is - these 3D glasses that I found in my pocket a few weeks after seeing a 3D movie at the cinema (10 years ago). Are they not compatible, and I need the shutter ones instead of "passive" ones.

I can't find any info on which type of glasses to use! No compatiblity lists or anything.
Or am I barking up the wrong tree here and in actual fact these passive glasses have "gone bad" after so many years?

I am all googled out, Help!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-13-2017, 05:52 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
What did you ever find out about this?

I'm fairly certain any old 3D glasses will not work, but is proprietary per brand/maker.

I would think the manufacturer of the player would have a more information on this. It's not like 3D Blu-ray was a large market, with lots of choices. The technology really never took off.

As an example, Samsung published this about their players: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv...lu-ray-player/
Surely LG has the same?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
12-14-2017, 03:09 AM
Free Member

Hello!

There was very little information out there, but I did find out that they do need to be Active Glasses, the powered kind that react to flicker. From what I remember (after I found out I was going to have to pay £8 a pair...for an entire street of people I decided to drop the idea for the minute) they use DLP-Link technology. So passive glasses wouldn't do anything.

But yeah, the technology never really took off, for me it was a bit of gimmick thing that I thought our neighbourhood would enjoy (although I don't like watching 3d myself). But not paying all that money for the one 3d movie we have on blu-ray!