08-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Free Member

hi, thought someone here might be able to help or make a suggestion on my tv problem. we have a 27" apex tv manufactured july 2003 that was working just great till about 1:30 this afternoon. the kids turned it off with the remote and then about an hour later tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't turn on. when i got in from work, i took the back off and located the fuse. the fuse was blown, so i went to the local radio shack and got a fuse and replaced it. tried to turn on the tv and it wouldn't come on. i checked the new fuse and it was blown. does anyone have a suggestion to what the problem could be or suggest what i should try next. i don't know alot about tv repair beyond checking the fuse. any and all info or input is greatly appreciated. please let me know. or do yall think i need to do like the ole southern saying "jack it up and run a new one under it". trying not to have to buy a new one right now because the kids are going back to school and need uniforms & supplies. thanks stoogedog
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Is the television set on a surge protector?
Try another fuse, sometimes that happens. I've had new fuses go right away.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
08-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Free Member

hi LS, yes it is on a surge protector. other items like the satellite receiver and vcr also on the surge protector are still working. if i try another new fuse and it blows, what do you suggest next. your input is always appreciated as well as anyone else that might have a suggestion.