01-02-2019, 06:59 AM
Free Member

Hi All,

I've been wondering if I could get some good resources to get royalty free music for my youtube videos. I've already used most of them from the Free YouTube library.

Also, is there any method by which I can use popular music without any copyright issues?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Free Member

If you want popular music... you'll definitely have a problem there. But if you want regular background music, try here:

https://www.purple-planet.com/
01-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Free Member

Yes, there are methods by which you can use popular music for free, but not in the way that you think. Fair use allows you to use copyrighted music (and other media) for certain limited purposes, such as criticism. Hence, if you want to post a video critiquing a Beatles' song, you may use excerpts of the piece as they apply to your discussion. How long this can be is more complicated.

Otherwise, no, you cannot just incorporate copyrighted music into your video for free. However, this site provides free, royalty free music in a variety of genres: https://incompetech.com/
01-03-2019, 04:42 AM
Free Member

I have a good list of links at my site, some for free, some for fee. bgillcyberstudio.com. No, I get nothing from any of them, I just like video editing and knowing where to find things for the productions.
Smartsound is always a good choice, you can get Sonicfire Pro and then get older albums from Ebay for short money.

Last edited by BarryTheCrab; 01-03-2019 at 04:45 AM. Reason: More info
The following users thank BarryTheCrab for this useful post: ehbowen (01-03-2019)
01-03-2019, 05:19 AM
Free Member

Thanks very much for the suggestion. Corel VideoStudio, which I use, has a limited implementation of Smartsound's auto music built in. I had wanted to purchase additional tracks, but I blanched at the price of the albums. I never even thought of trying eBay.

I'll report back later on how well this first album (that I just purchased) works. But it gives me yet another reason to like VideoStudio; you get most of the SonicFire functionality along with DVD mastering (and Blu-ray too, with an $8 add-on) as well as a decent NLE.
01-03-2019, 06:24 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbowen View Post
Thanks very much for the suggestion. Corel VideoStudio, which I use, has a limited implementation of Smartsound's auto music built in. I had wanted to purchase additional tracks, but I blanched at the price of the albums. I never even thought of trying eBay.

I'll report back later on how well this first album (that I just purchased) works. But it gives me yet another reason to like VideoStudio; you get most of the SonicFire functionality along with DVD mastering (and Blu-ray too, with an $8 add-on) as well as a decent NLE.
My goof; I was fooled by an older web page showing lists of partners. VideoStudio USED to use Smartsound, but recent versions have transitioned to Pinnacle ScoreFitter. The good news (for me) is that the ScoreFitter albums are a lot more reasonably priced than the SmartSound albums.

Last edited by ehbowen; 01-03-2019 at 06:35 AM.
01-03-2019, 08:14 AM
Free Member

Thanks for being so helpful everyone. I couldn't understand the ebay one comment.. Was it some kind of spam?
01-03-2019, 08:33 AM
Free Member

SmartSound SonicFire is a software program for custom-tailored royalty-free background music for videos. But once you buy the program, you have to buy the various albums to have a broad selection of music. The albums often run $100 or more if you buy them from SmartSound (of course, once you buy them you can use them as many times as you want with no additional charge). The suggestion was that several of these albums are available surplus or remaindered on eBay, so if you have the SonicFire program already you can save money by shopping for additional albums there.

Edit: The advantage of SonicFire, or of a program like Pinnacle's ScoreFitter, is that not only can you tailor the music for the exact length of your video but also you don't have to bother with music credits since you have paid for the license to use it.
The following users thank ehbowen for this useful post: mattminaj (01-04-2019)
01-03-2019, 10:22 AM
Premium Member

One surprisingly overlooked source for royalty free tracks is Youtube's own Audio Library.
01-04-2019, 03:59 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRoadfan View Post
One surprisingly overlooked source for royalty free tracks is Youtube's own Audio Library.
I have been using Youtube's Audio Library for a LONG time. But the music there is not that much fresh. Also, most of the creators are using the same exact music. I've been trying to provide fresh content that's why I am hunting down new sources.
01-08-2019, 12:30 AM
Free Member

Did you try SoundCloud tracks?
01-08-2019, 08:45 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertaBSmith View Post
Did you try SoundCloud tracks?
Yes, I am trying to download them using this SoundCloud downloader - https://sc-downloader.net/

But I don't think I can use them until I get the permission from the artist himself.