Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Videography: Cameras, TVs and Players

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-04-2019, 07:17 AM
Free Member

So I came across this TV and when I got it, it was practically unused. So unused that the pinch roller didn't even have a pressure mark from tape use, and the 'auto head cleaning' pad had not a single bit of dirt on it, and heads looked like new. Not often you find one almost virgin.

For playback, my sharp 6-header deck and my other panasonic decks perform better even when upscaled for a HDTV.

This TV performs quite good for playback, but with some mild chroma noise that I do not notice on other machines that I have, but it doesn't ruin viewing. Sound is perfect though, even through headphones on the TV.

But it's recordings? I recorded from a DVD and camcorder (which I still use) source and played it back on my other panasonic decks in both SP and LP mode. Unlike my panasonic and sharp decks (PAL units too), this combi does not support 'EP' mode, only SP/LP.

The picture was about in line with a top quality VHS recording, and the HiFi audio stood out. No head-switching noise, no problems and not much visible chroma noise at all in SP mode. In LP mode, some sharpness was lost, and had say a 10% drop in quality for picture, but was still very good. I do still use a VHS camcorder as I enjoy the format, though I do digital backups, too.

It makes some very fine recordings indeed, well at the upper end of VHS quality.

It also performed well with NTSC tapes (playback only).

Interesting telly, I looked for ages for a combi unit with HiFi stereo. You know, when me and my hubby have had say a weekend away and want to watch the tape from our bed or some of our VHS movie collection

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (41.1 KB, 5 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors